Trom solos and/or ensemble pieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by trombelle, Dec 1, 2003.

1. trombelle

trombelle Member

im sure this has been asked before (mods feel free to direct me to the relevant thread!) but i was just wondering if anyone had recommendations for either of the following

1) a good ensemle piece for brass (prob a quintet) suitable for my AS-level performance

2) interesting trom solos (particularly jazz, popular or nething a bit funky as it is just for personal use!)

cheers guys

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Trom
    Trom solos
    brass
    prob
    jazz
  3. groovy

groovy Active Member

Interesting trombone pieces......I recently bought a book called "The Sunny Side of the Street" by John Iveson. Its got 8 funky little solos for trombone which I really enjoy playing, you might want to take a look. :)

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

for ensemble music just go for something from the canadian brass series. That's some good stuff!

5. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

'fiesta' by peter graham's a good number - its in the SA festival series 'worldofbrass' will have details.

Failing that there always golden slippers!!!

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

7. trombelle

trombelle Member

:D

cheers everyone! and special thanx for that thread ref, i remember reading it a while ago but couldn't for the life of me find it again!!

8. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

blue john! There are recordings all over the place, just send a pm or something if you can't find one.