Trom player looking for band in Stockport

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Matt_Bown, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Matt_Bown

Matt_Bown New Member

Hi,
    I've recently returned to Stockport after finishing uni, and i'd like to start playing again. I haven't played for over a year, but i'm hopeful it won't take too long to pick things up again.

I've played both Bass and Tenor trom, so i'm open to either (though Bass trom would be my preference as I have my own Bass trom).

Thanks,

Matt

2. tat

tat Member

Whitworth need both a Bass & 2nd trom, if you fancy travelling round to Rochdale.

p.s. your mail box is full.

3. laserbeamben

laserbeamben New Member

Dobcross Silver Band currently have a vacancy for Bass Trom and would like you to come down to a rehearsal and see if you like it.

E-mail: mail@dobcrosssilverband.co.uk

Address:
    Dobcross Silver Band
    Platt Lane
    Dobcross
    Saddleworth
    OL3 5AD

Phone: 01457 873741

If you would please contact us via one of these or simply just turn up to a rehearsal.

Rehearsals are Mondays & Wednesdays 8pm-10pm.

Thankyou

4. mictop

mictop New Member

Hazel Grove Band need a Bass Trombone and would welcome any new player. We rehearse at the civic hall in Hazel Grove during the summer on a thursday night at 7.45

5. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi Matt

Stockport silver band are looking for a bass trom. I have just started back after 20 years break from champion section. Stockport silver are a verey friendly band and good social life and making good progress. Im sure you would really enjoy this band. Get in touch stephen.heywood4@ntlworld.com

6. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Hi matt, drop me an email at bennknowles@hotmail.co.uk

I need a bass trom for section at Wire Brass if you fancy coming down for a blow?

Regards, Benn.

7. MattB

MattB Member

Hi mate,

Besses o' th' Barn could accomodate you. We're based just off junction 17 of the M60 in Whitefield, Manchester. If you're interested, please contact me either via PM or at matthewpbailey@hotmail.com.

Cheers.

8. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

Hi Matt.

Tintwistle are looking for a Bass Trombone, which would be very handy for you.

We are an enthusiastic, friendly, committed and ambitious band who would make you most welcome.

Please contact me:-

iscott3@sky.com
    07930-165212 (mobile)
    0114-288-3321 (evenings)
    0114-252-8882 (daytime)

Ian Scott

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi matt, hope you can make tuesday night at 8pm st matthews church, granville street, edgley, stockport

steve

10. matty1986

matty1986 Member

Hey mate, not spoke to you for a couple of weeks, if your interested in coming for a Blow down at Besses,,if you can get into manchester then I can pick you up there and take you the rest of the way if your interested. Drop me a line if you fancy it.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Trom
    Stockport
    COLOR
    Bass trom
    Trom player
  12. Tinsler

Tinsler New Member

Trombone

Hi Mat,
    Tintwistle Band have a vacancy for a Bass Trombone player. We're based in the village of our name which is about 8 miles from Stockport, other players travelling from the area. Have a look at our web page www.tintwistleband.org, and/or give Stephen Barrow a ring on 0161 431 0668

13. fogarty

fogarty New Member

Hi
    Wayne Matthews from Stalybridge Band. We are currently in the 3rd section and are looking for a trombone player to complete our line up for what we hope to be a successful new season. We rehearse Monday and Wednesday at 8 - 10 pm at Judges Bar in Stalybridge. You will be made most welcome by a friendly and sociable team. If interested please give me a ring on 07725 112653 anytime. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

14. Matt_Bown

Matt_Bown New Member

Bass Trom player near Stockport

Hi everyone,

After another break from playing, i've found that i'm starting to miss it again. After some thought, I am only looking for Bass Trom positions. I live on the Greater Manchester/Cheshire border south east of Stockport. One problem is my lack of transport as at this moment I don't drive, so that is something to consider. I am looking for 2nd section and lower (ideally).

Thanks,

Matt

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

Hi Matt. I'm trying to private mail you but your inbox is full you popular guy, you! Please mail me back as soon as you read this. Cheers.

16. Columbo

Columbo Member

Hi Matt. As usual your inbox is full. My, you are popular! Please can you PM me. Cheers.

17. andreww

andreww Member

Hi Matt,

Hawk Green Brass Band will require a Bass trombonist from Summer due to players leaving to uni. We rehearse in Marple and can most definately arrange transport for yourself.

Drop me a line at andreww191181@hotmail.com or phone on 07815697651 if you are interested.

Many thanks

Andy

18. Columbo

Columbo Member

Matt, How you doing mate? Please empty your inbox! .......and PM me. Cheers

19. flugelboy

flugelboy Member

Hi matt,
    i am MD for the Greenfield band and we are looking for a bass trom,we are situated in the saddleworth area and rehearse on a tuesday and a thursday if you are interested

20. Matt_Bown

Matt_Bown New Member

Bass Trom looking for band near Stockport

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a band who need a bass trom near stockport, or who would be happy for me to attend some rehearsals to get my lip back. Unfortunately I don't drive so, dependent upon location, I may need help with transport. I can easily get to central stockport which will hopefully make things easier. I haven't played since the regional championships in March, so I will be rusty for a few weeks, but after resolving some personal problems I think i'm finally ready to pick my trom up again.

Thanks,

Matt

21. flump

flump New Member

Hi

How about Stockport Silver?

They rehearse in Edgeley on a Tuesday evening..

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Trom
    Stockport
    COLOR
    Bass trom
    Trom player