Trittico recording

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Adrian Horn, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a CD with Trittico on it. Had a cassette recording of it many years ago with the Cory Band playing, but would like a CD if possible.

Tried looking on the World of Brass site, but it really needs the ability to search by composition if you're after just a particular piece.

Cheers in advance

2. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Trittico is available on the triple cd "25 years of the European Brass Band Championships" available from 4 bars rest. It is a live recording of the winning performance from Eikanger in 1989.
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

2 that I know of.
    1 live performance by Brass Band Frosch Hall on Europeans 1997 CD. BBFH won the "B" section.
    Another live performance by Desford, on their Desford Live in Canada CD. Cracking playing, but by god did they take it quickly!
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

You can search by track on WOB. Directly under home on the left hand side it says "Track Search".

It bring up the following:

25 years of the European BB Champs - track by Eikanger
    Norweign BB champs 2000 - track by Orskog Brass
    To Worship - Canadian Staff Band
    The Transatlantic - Intrada Brass
  5. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

Ah ... cheers for that. I was to busy looking at the quick search options to notice that!
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The Christie-Tyler Cory Band (Brian Howard) recorded it on their album, Brass From The Valleys (Polyphonic QPRL 044D) in 1989.

p.s., I think I bought my copy in HMV or Virgin at the time!
  7. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

One of my favourite CD's....totally fantastic playing. Massive sounds and that bass section....niiice
  8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

An arrangement for fanfare band by Manu Mellaerts was recorded by the Kempische Jeugd Fanfare Orkest (now known as Vlaams Fanfare Orkest) in 1998 on their CD "flashlight", which was published by Beriato (see ). i'm not sure, but I think it is a live recording of their performance at the 1997 WMC Kerkrade.
    Another arrangement exists as well, by Mari van Gils. We played it in 2001; but I dont know if this version has ever been officially recorded:
    Very nice piece...
  9. Active Member

Thanks for that. I would have pointed it out myself but have only just returned from a tediously slow fish and chip lunch.
  10. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

Thanks for the input guys.

I've gone for the Norwegian Brass Band Championships 2000 - Various Bands [DOUBLE CD] as it has a number of other good compositions on it that will sit nicely on my MP3 player.
  11. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

nice choice ;-)
  12. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Hi John:

You should have benn there :) I remember it well. It was in the old Toronto Temple. The first thing that hit me that night was the volume. Over the years I've heard many bands perform on that stage, including Black Dyke, but had never before had the sound hit me like that, it was massive.

The place was packed and, as I recall, this concert was Desford's last on a tour centered mainly in the U.S. It was an amazing night.

I'll have to get the video out and have another look; not up to today's WoB, multi-camera, DVD quality but still pretty good.