Trinity Music Exams

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by euphfanhan, Dec 6, 2006.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel Trinity music exams and get a refund? I've had a lot of coursework and auditions lately, so I've been neglecting my piano practise a fair bit! I've tried looking on their website, but with no luck. Any responses would be much appreciated!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Trinity
    Trinity Music Exams Does
    fair bit
    piano
    lot of coursework
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You can cancel it, but I don't think you'll get a refund:

"Entries at one centre cannot be transferred to another centre, or deferred to a later session. If the candidate wishes to postpone the
    examination or to take it at a different centre, a new entry form must be completed and the appropriate fee must be paid again.The original
    fee cannot be refunded.There are special arrangements for cases of illness or genuine compassionate circumstances—see page 48."

4. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

If they're anything like Associated Board Exams then you won't be able to get a refund unfortunately. The Associated Board refund only PART payment in the case of illness and only if a doctor's note is produced.

I presume they're fairly similar but don't know.

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

A student at my school cancelled his grade 5 Trinity brass exam last week- mock exams coming up and too much coursework. He didn't get a refund.

6. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

I think you can defer for a while at least and transfer the fee?

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I have moved this thread to here as it should attract more attention. Hope you don't mind.

8. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. Spoke to my piano teacher today and she also doesn't seem to think I'll get a refund, so I might as well go for it! Just seems a bit of a waste of £50! There seems to be a hell of a contrast in aural tests/ viva voce between grades 6 and 7, which unfortunately I didn't realise until this week. The annoying thing as as the syllabus changes in January to combine Trinity and Guidhall exams, I'll have to learn everything over again! Ah well, fingers crossed ;)

9. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

Good luck, everything than can be crossed is! They do seem to be more user-friendly than ABRSM though. Let us know what happens!!!

10. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Thanks for the comments everyone, but somehow, amazingly I passed! Just scraped a merit! :tongue:

Very happy Hanna!

11. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You've found out already? Amazing!

Well done!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Trinity
    Trinity Music Exams Does
    fair bit
    piano
    lot of coursework
  13. Di

Di Active Member

:clap::clap: Well done Hanna. And a very quick turn around on the results too.

14. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Thanks :biggrin: And DaveR - one of the reasons I switched from ABRSM to Trinity (apart from the fact that the piano used for Lancaster ABRSM exams is so old that the keys stick!) is that you know how well you did on the same day as the exam!