Trinity Girls require Flugel & Soprano

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stueyb, Apr 1, 2004.

1. stueyb

stueyb New Member

Tameside Champions 2004 (3rd Section) require enthusiatic Flugel & Soprano players due to work commitments. Trinity Girls is an ambitious band and is the ONLY all-female amateur brass band in theh country with an excellent contest record over the last two years, resulting in promotion to 3rd Section Local & National.

The band has a full diary for 2004 and is looking for players of a high calibre to complete the line up of this friendly band. Rehearsals are Monday & Wednesday (7.45-9.30) in Garswood, between Wigan & St. Helens.

All enquiries to Stuart Barton (MD) 07976637031 or stueybarton@hotmail.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tameside Champions 2004
    Section
    Flugel & Soprano
    Flugel
    work commitments
  3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

is the percussionist due for a sex-op sometime soon then? ;);)
    good luck with the player hunting

4. stueyb

stueyb New Member

If only its was that simple!!!!!!

You may have not realised that at Tameside our percussionist was definitely female...and was putting both parts in !!

As with many bands around the country, Trinity Girls is no exception when it comes to asking other players to "guest" with them when they have gaps. For some time now we have been very fortunate to have had the support of a "male" percussionist and a "male" soprano player helping us out as concerts and contests, positions which can be very dissifult to fill.

However, Trinity Girls remain the only all female amateur brass band and are keen to have "girls" on every seat - who knows even the (male) conductor may eventually be replaced with a girl at the helm - but I take your point!

Thanks for your concern and if you know of anybody, let us know

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Re: If only its was that simple!!!!!!

Slightly off-topic; sorry about that, but I'm just curious to know how come you don't fall foul of sex discrimination legislation and do you have any problems with grant awarding bodies. Good luck in your search anyway.

6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

If other bands can have men-only, I've no probs with TG being all female...

At the end of the day, to my mind, a private club should have authority over its membership...

Anyway , that was slightly off topic - Hope relevant tootlers are found!

7. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Re: If only its was that simple!!!!!!

Beurgh! :roll:

8. skweeky

skweeky Member

all girls? sounds nice :wink: i will play sop for you :lol: