Tring to buy a Vincent Bach 17C online

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Griffin, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Trying to buy a Vincent Bach 17C online

Can anyone help.. Trying to buy a Vincent Bach 17C mouthpiece on the net but I am having no luck. I can find every other size except the 17C!!
    Cheers
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font]

2. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

I had the same problem a bit ago, im sure i got mine of either John Myatt, or trevada music (you have to search on google)
    i just typed in "Vincent Bach 17C Mouthpieces" and sifted through loads of websited until i could order one.
    They are quite expensive mouthpieces tho, but are great!

3. I have one, I'm sure you can order it directly online in America BUT....
    please try one first. It's so small!!! I can promote Josef Klier (german manufacturer) mouhtpieces, very nice feeling!!

4. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

yeah i agree. wot do you play on now??
    I was advised to swap to a 17c, but as i was already playing at uni on a 12c, it wasnt that much of a swap, except it is a lot smaller.
    luckily i got a chance ot mplay on one that he brought in for me.

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

6. I use a JK 6D mouthpiece for the heavy work, a JK 7C for simple stuff.

7. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I Was on a Yamaha 7d4d, moved to a Shilke 10b4, which improved my range without loosing the sound. The 17C seems to be very popular with sop players, Ive checked out the stats, I think it would be suitable as I have quite thin lips, and lack endurance. Im just having problems trying to find one!!

8. Personally I think endurance and high notes can be developped by studying (with the right method for each one)

Try to find an instrument that sound good, produces a warm, rich, brilliant sound that fit's into the band.

Secondly try to find a mouthpiece that makes your sound warm and soft. Not one wich helps you to hit all the high notes and sounds like ****.

9. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I have all that;).. The Shilke gives a great sound. I just struggle with anything above a top C, So I am needing something slightly shallower than the Shilke 10b4 and the Yamaha 7d4d and not lose the tone I have. Simple as that! ;)
    (I practice pages 42-44 of the Arban every day to build my edurance)

10. Maybe try a Vincent Bach 7ew. It's shallow and has a thick rim.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Vincent Bach 17C
    Tring
    Arial
    Helvetica
    Vincent Bach
  12. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

14. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Cheers.. shame its in America!
    Tried e-Bay... couldnt find owt!

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... last m/piece I got via eBay (and I think Mouthpiece Express) took 3 days and cost $10 (special air-mail delivery).

to quote

"We ship internationally via the US Postal Service Airmail and by UPS. The US Postal Service estimates 4-7 day USPS Airmail Delivery. This is an estimate only; it is not a guaranteed delivery time. Also, please allow extra time for packages to be processed through Customs. We cannot offer guarantees on shipping time for international orders.

We must report the correct purchase price on customs forms. We cannot designate international shipments as "gift" or "sample," and we cannot misrepresent the amount of sale on invoices for the purposes of avoiding customs taxes."

- only thing to watch out for is the import taxes. Sometimes you get added costs and somtimes you don't! :-?

p.s., full list of cornet m/pieces on eBay from above dealer is on link below (list will update everytime you click on URL).

http://search.ebay.com/cornet_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR10QQsorecordsperpageZ50QQcatrefZC6QQsotrtypeZ1QQsotrvalueZ1QQsellerZ1QQsassZmouthpieceexpressQQsosortpropertyZ1

16. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Ive just ordered one.. (17C which is what I was after)
    Cheers Brassneck :guiness
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font]

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... pleased to help! ;) It's likely that their mouthpieces will still be cheaper than buying them here in the UK. Were you given a timescale for expected delivery?

18. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Mouthpiece was $31.65
    United States Postal Service (Airmail Parcel Post (4 - 10 Days)): $17.00
    Still cheaper than in the UK (looking at £44 plus delivery)
    $48 is about £30 or so...
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font][/font]

19. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Just a quick update, couldn't get the 17C from Mouthpiece express... Still waiting from mid December, so I cancelled. Instead i looked on eBay, seen a 24 carot gold plated VB mouthpiece 7EW for only a quid!

still...if any one knows where I can get a 17C from I would be greatfull.

Cheers.

20. Tobin

Tobin Member

Try this site (Trevada Music)

http://www.trevadamusic.co.uk/products_ref.php?Search=^BM&Title=Mouthpieces&offset=20

£42 for a VB 17C

I purchased one from the US it worked out cheaper even after shipping costs - i will see if i can find the receipt for it.

21. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

thats where i got my vb 17c
    i would honestly suggest trying one out first tho

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Vincent Bach 17C
    Tring
    Arial
    Helvetica
    Vincent Bach