Trimdon Concert Brass, County Durham, 4 Section, MD/Conductor

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Trumpettrousers, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Trumpettrousers

Trumpettrousers New Member

Due to the relocation of our current MD, Trimdon Concert Brass Band, based in County Durham, require a Musical Director/Conductor.

We are a friendly 4th Section band with a healthy proportion of younger players. We are looking for someone to motivate, encourage and progress the band within an enjoyable, hardworking atmosphere.

The Bands forthcoming commitments include the Ripon Entertainment Contest (Saturday June 4th).

For further information please email trimdonband@aol.com or contact our Secretary Dennis on 01429 880285.

We rehearse from 7.30-9.30pm Wednesday evenings and 5.00-7.00pm Sundays at Trimdon Station Community Centre.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Calibri
    band
    MD
    COLOR
    SIZE
  3. Hey Trimdon!

I've really enjoyed taking the band for the last few years, and am very sad to be leaving after the Area contest. I'll especially miss all the pies and pork products, although in a few months I'll probably be able to fit back into some of my old trousers!

We've managed to play some challenging programmes, and I'm grateful that the band have let me push them to play some more difficult music. I think we've gained a lot of confidence as a result, keep getting great feedback from people who've been listening to the band for years, and I hope the band can continue to improve under a new conductor.

The band have a very healthy approach to banding, and I can't remember a single job that I've not enjoyed and we've not had a bit of a laugh and joke along the way (even in the freezing cold last Christmas). It's this good atmosphere that has allowed us to stray from the traditional fourth section path on occasion, and is something you should all cherish. Most of all I've been impressed with the dedication of the band. Rehearsals are so much easier to conduct when there's practically a full band turns out, and I've never had to throw together a "safe" programme to cope with a fistful of empty seats. Over the years I've played with higher section bands where the attendance isn't even half as good.

Anyway, thanks for letting a complete novice have a go at the conducting lark, and I'm sure you'll find someone fantastic to improve the band further. Let's make sure we have a great day out on Sunday, whatever the result, and I'm looking forward to listening to the band in action at Ripon in June and another mad Big Meeting in July (provided you'll let me play!).

Cheers,

Phil.