Treorchy 2003 Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Dozy, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Dozy

Dozy New Member

Please can anyone tell me the results of the Treorchy contest today, 15th November 2003.

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Treorchy 2003
    Treorchy
    Treorchy contest
    Results
    November
  3. MAW

MAW Member

Treorchy results

I can tell you the results for the fourth and third sections.

Fourth section

1st. Radyr and Morganstown 180 pts
    2nd Llwydcoed 178 pts
    3rd Glynneath & District 177pts.

Solo prize Radyr and Morganstown

Welsh League Champion Band Crwbin
    Runner up ?

Third Section

1st Severn Tunnel 184
    2nd Briton Ferry 183
    3rd Newport Borough 179

solo prize Briton Ferry

Welsh League Champion Band Briton Ferry

runner up Severn Tunnel

4. jim

jim Member

Championship
    1st Tongwinliaus
    2nd Burry Port
    3rd Parc a Dare

soloist prize Martyn Pattason Euph Tongwinliaus

First section
    1st Marckam
    2nd Ammanford
    3rd Rogerstone

Second Section
    1st Tylorstown
    2nd RAF St Athan
    3rd Newbridge Celeynon

5. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

we got the gist i think!

7. JessopSmythe

Quite a poor turn out again. I know that the championship bands don't like the fact that this event no longer counts towards the "Champion Band of Wales" title but where were all the lower section bands?

8. tam-tam

tam-tam Member

Great having a chat with you at the bar Mr Jessop Smythe (I played solo cornet with Rogerstone), but, I have to disagree with the point you make! There were nine second section bands at Treorchy and the other lower sections were an improvement as well. Lets hope that that turn continues and that more Championship bands can be persuaded to make the trip next year, alhough with only £150 on offer something has to be done!!

9. JessopSmythe

I accept the fact that the turn out was better than last year but there were still a lot of bands missing.

That said, it was nice, after a 2 year break from contesting, to catch up with some old friends and make a few new ones, tam-tam and some of the Rogerstone players included.

Congratulations to all the winners

10. Jordan

Jordan Member

Treorci

Wel done to ton anyways for winning, totally agree with tamtam, summit needs to be done, any body know which bands have been put down a secion?

Jordan Percussion BTM Band

11. Curious

Curious Member

Only bits I know are: Ammanford 1st to Champ and Pontardulais Champ to 1st. Ynyshir 1st to 2nd.

Don't know anything else but would feel safe in saying Briton Ferry would go 3rd to 2nd.

Tim (Tam Tam) agree with your comment on 2nd section but only 5 bands each in 1st and Champ sections and only 3 in 3rd and I think 6 in 4th.

Not terrific eh!! Approx 28 bands in total compared to 17 (before withdrawals) that entered St.Helens top section!!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Treorchy 2003
    Treorchy
    Treorchy contest
    Results
    November
  13. tam-tam

tam-tam Member

Yes, the turn out wasn't great was it. Have been looking at a few facts and the turn out in the Third Section was poor, although its good to see Newport contesting again. The Fourth Section was better and it is good to see two Youth bands in the mix. The Second Section wss much better with the added bonus of Raunds coming 4th I think. Perhaps if the contests were made more lucrative more English bands may make the journey, however, at the moment we seem to have a problem motivating Welsh bands to go! When was the last time the prize money ws changed?

14. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

If the prize money was the carrot to get the Bands to Treorchi,Or any other competition £150 would have meant walking from half way up the A465.and up to the top of the Rhondda Valley :shock:
    As far as i can see the prize money has only ever been a token, if the idea of increasing it would be to attract more bands who would you get to provide it, when a number of "exclusive" bands benefit from large sponsorship deals. The grass roots bands yo-yo between 1st and Championship section, as they simpley can not afford to compete on the same financial plane.

Politics aside well done to all on Saturday, good choices of test pieces, very listenable from a rookie point of view.