Tredegar Town Band Annual Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Tredegarboy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Tredegarboy

Tredegarboy Member

Tredegar Town Band are holding their Annual Concert on

Friday 7th December 2007 at
    Tredegar Comprehensive School
    Stable Lane Tredegar.

Tickets available from "In the Pink" Commercial Street Tredegar or by calling 07947 820872.

Doors open 7 pm and concert starts @ 7.30 pm. Tickets £5

See you there!
  2. Tredegarboy

Tredegarboy Member

Forgot to mention that the concert will feature some of the band's outstanding soloists including

Steve Barnsley - Sop
    Dewi Griffiths - Cornet
    Darren Morris - Euphonium
    Andrea Lewis - Flugel

Oh and me !!

3. tcboy

tcboy New Member

outstanding............ are you having a laugh?????

hows frosty?
  4. tcboy

tcboy New Member

so what makes a good soloist? is it their persona as artists whose innate talent, hard earned skills and inner core strength of self belief sets them apart or is it just an outstanding sound?
  5. TredegarSteveR

TredegarSteveR New Member

yeah, i think, inner belief, confidence, presence, charisma and it also helps if you have that sound !
  6. tcboy

tcboy New Member

Unfortunate that these qualities are not present in all the soloists
  7. tcboy

tcboy New Member

Having paid my entrance fee including the obligatory raffle tickets was I disappointed? Well yes out of date CD on sale that bears no resemblance to the current band recorded over 10 years ago when the band was not in their rebuilding stage but at the top their game. The programme was varied if not bordering on the heavy side for the ageing audience even though the cornets were firing on all cylinders. The soloist were consistent with an outstanding rendition of Paragon by Dewi Griffiths it’s a shame the duet Pie Jusu let the band down with lack tone and harsh on my ear. Overall a very good concert but I am left with a feeling of apprehension and despondency.

TC boy

ps Frosty’s suit was on the large side possibly more weight required.
  8. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

What's your problem with Tred and their soloists? You don't seem to have anything decent to say at all. only 4 posts to your name but 3 out of 4 of those are unpleasant and a tad personal.