Transatlantic Brass: Wingates, NSBB and Doug Yeo in Concert - SPECIAL TICKET OFFER

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Anno Draconis, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Wingates Band are proud to present Transatlantic Brass, a joint concert in Bolton's Victoria Hall at 7.30pm on Friday 2 July, presented as part of the Natural State Brass Band's tour of the UK.

The concert will feature a suitably transatlantic programme, with each band focussing on music from their own country before joining together for a massed bands finale.

The evening's featured soloists will be Wingates' Principal Euphonium Lewis Musson, and the NSBB's Associate Conductor and Bass Trombonist, the legendary Douglas Yeo.

While I know it's a truism that "banders don't go and listen to other bands", the opportunity to hear Doug in particular is not one to be missed.

To encourage as many people as possible to come along we are offering tMP members 3 tickets for the price of 2. To take advantage of this you have to buy your tickets by sending me a PM with a contact number or email address on it, as the box office will charge the full face price. Payment can be by cheque or PayPal, and your tickets will be available to collect at the door.

Poster for the event here

2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Programme for this concert has been finalised and is as follows:

Part I
    The Natural State Brass Band
    Conducted by Russell Morris

J. H. Fillimore Jr., arr. Robert Bernat: Americans We
    Dave Brubeck, arr. Kevin Edwards: Blue Rondo à la Turk
    Edvard Grieg, arr. Bill Geldard: In the Hall of the Mountain King [Bass Trombone soloist: Douglas Yeo]
    Various, arr. Eric Richards: A Sinatra Salute!
    David Herring: Theme & Variations on ‘Arkansas Traveler’ [Bass Trombone soloist: Douglas Yeo]
    Paul Lovatt-Cooper: Vitae Aeternum
    J. P. Sousa, arr. Peter Graham: The Stars and Stripes Forever

Part II
    Wingates Band
    Conducted by Mark Peacock

Andrew Baker: A Short Ride in a Brass Machine
    William Rimmer: Honest Toil
    H. MacCunn, arr. G. Bragg: The Land of the Mountain and the Flood
    Traditional, arr. Gordon Langford: David of the White Rock
    Lucy Pankhurst: Wired
    Nicholas Brodzky, arr. Goff Richards: I’ll Walk with God
    Peter Graham: Gaelforce