Trains - Grrrrrrrrrr!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Coming up home on tuesday from Manchester was to be frank a right pain in the ****!

Because of signal box failure around huddersfield it was impossible to get a train north from piccadilly and the train people were about as much help as a chocloate fire guard. Eventually someone i'd been sat on a train with suggested that i go to victoria station as i could get atrain to leeds which i did only that was late and was a slow metro train :-? But i finally got to leeds...FOUR HOURS after i'd arrived at piccadilly, fortunately i caught the fast train back up to Newcastle however that journey is something I would not like to repeat, left uni accommodation at 3.30 arrived home at 11.15 :x :x

Anyone else had a bugger of a trip like this?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  2. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Not surprised you're upset, who wouldnt be leaving Manchester!!

Greatest City On Earth!!
  3. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:rolleyes: UH....HUH :rolleyes:
  4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Damn Straight!! :metal:
  5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Andy, I have had plenty of Journeys like that :rolleyes: friday trains nottingham to manchester and vice versa were a nightmare.
  6. tootnbuzz

tootnbuzz Member

Not exactly the same experience but I had to deal with an incredibly rude and unhelpful ticket agent at Paddington station. Fortunately the person at the information center was very nice and helped me out.
  7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I think sarcasim is a bit lost on you Chris ;)

But to be fair I have been to worse places than Manchester
  8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Manchester is wicked. I miss living there.
    Trains are evil. I never use them. Take my advice and get a job and buy a car. Two and a half hours to Newcastle from Mancs. Quality that can't be faulted.
  9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

It once took me 4 hours to get to Newcastle from Sheffield due to messed up trains... And it once took me a similar amount of time to get from Durham to Sheffield, complete with the immortal announcement "We are sorry to announce that the 0945 Virgin Trains Service to Plymouth is delayed due to the fact that this service is in fact starting from Darlington". hmmm, delayed?? More like not coming at all, luckily a GNER pulled in and got me to Darlington in time to get my proper train, which was then delayed...

And as for local trains, I don't care if its Arriva, Northern Rail or whoever, its always the same trains painted a different colour being varying degrees of late. Absolute joke.

Saying that, I wish I'd got the train t'other week after travelling 3 miles in one hour in a traffic jam on the A1 at Wetherby! doh!
  10. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Think it was around Christmas last year that I got stuck in Peterborough for ages! Got in from Huddersfield just fine, but whilst waiting for a train at Peterborough, someone decided that they were going to attempt to throw themselves off the bridge meaning that no trains could come in or out. I was stuck for ages while the police tried to talk them down, wasn't best pleased!
  11. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Same happened to me earlier last year, Someone was threatening to throw themself off of a footbridge so they cut the power and I was stuck at royston (between Stevenage and cambridge) Was most annoyed because I missed last orders in the pub :mad:
  12. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Shame they couldn't let you off, as I know quite a few of the pubs in Royston since it is the main Town from where my parents live!! They could have come and fetched you when the train was ready to go again!!