Training band near Nottingham?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Cornet Nev., Oct 12, 2008.

1. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

A friend of mine who is perhaps a little further than beginner, is looking for a band that he could join in the Long Eaton or Nottingham area. A band where he can both learn more and further his playing, does any one know of such a band that he could join. Age wise he is late twenties to early thirties at an intelligent guess. He did take some lessons and was in his school band as a youngster, but has recently taken the cornet up again.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    friend
    Nottingham
    mine
    band
    playing
  3. superjobby

superjobby Member

My girlfriend used to to play for Rolls Royce Derby band before she moved up to Manchester, they're the only band I really know of around that area (she lived in Long Eaton). 4th section national I think, don't know regional. Just had a squizz on their website, they have a couple of vacancies on back row cornet. (www.rollsroycederbyband.com)

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  4. Try Newstead Welfare band ,they have a "B" band called Newstead Abbey Brass.They are third section but have players of all abilites ranging from complete beginners to mature players.They practice Wed Nights.

5. john.bailey

john.bailey New Member

i am chairman of carlton brass we allways welcome players and also have a training band if your interested please email me at john.bailey277@ntlworld.com

6. postie

postie Member

Bestwood Black Diamonds based in Bestwood Village Nottingham have a thriving main band plus a very active training band. If you friend is interested just tell him to give me a ring on 07977610385.

7. Di B

Di B Member

The one not mentioned above is long eaton band. They have a training band with a number of adults in and they encourage people to sit in on senior band rehearsals when ready. Satchmo shaz on tmp is their MD

8. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

I have passed on all replies so far plus a link to this thread so he can look in person. Thank you all for your replies, I hope he can make use of the information. After all we need more players in the movement, so to give a beginner a good start is the best way forward.

9. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Thanks Di only just spotted this!

yeah come along and Join us, mondays or wednesdays for senior band;)