Training band help!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alanl58, Jun 25, 2011.

1. alanl58

alanl58 Member

I have been asked to take the Training Band on Monday, which for scales etc is fine, but feel I could introduce some easy ensemble pieces to build on syncopation.

Question then: are there any downloadable, copyright free, easy ensemble pieces that I can use?

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Hi Allan
    Downloadable. free, easy (but not copyright free) music for training bands available from PDF Brass here.
    Guava Guy may suit your needs - very popular with my kids. Another Day is a nice easy version of my cornet solo.
    Good Luck
    Andy Norman
  3. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Ive just swiped those arrangements thanks.

As a matter of interest, has anyone done any dedicated band training material? The sort of stuff I would be interested in is group long notes, tonging, tunning, articulation work. I find all this stuff from D.C.I training camps fascinating especially the "space chords" at the end. This stuff would make such a great and different type of warm up/training regime for bands
  4. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Try Big Shiny Brass for beginners ensemble music.

Matt Kingston has written music specifically for younger players and training bands.
  5. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Many thanks Andy, they are just the job, and a donation will follow.

6. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Thanks Alan - The donation to Uganda will be most welcome.
    Philip Monk is doing a great job out there with his School Bands.
    I've got a couple more Training Band pieces which I'll try to add over the next few days.
  7. wendymthomas

wendymthomas New Member

listening to that - I think it would be invaluable for bands and all levels - well beyond training bands..