Train Journey

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jul 11, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

In October i am going to travel the full lengh of England by train:Using Main Line Stations Only
    From Birmingham- Penzance
    Penzance -Inverness
    Inverness- Birmingham.
    If you could do this where would your starting point be?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Birmingham.
    England
    OnlyFrom Birmingham- PenzancePenzance
    Stations OnlyFrom Birmingham- PenzancePenzance -InvernessInverness- Birmingham
    Using Main
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

That would depend on which flavour sausages I wanted to take with me ;)

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Hove - because that's where I live!

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I wouldn't...
    Are you mad Perks?!? All that time on a dirty smelly train, full of drunken Jocks (no disrespect to any drunken Jocks on here).
    Why would you want to do such a thing? Of course if you're doing it for some charitable reason I might be persuaded to sponsor you.
    BMB
    xx

6. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Didnt know Inverness was in England.....

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You mean they moved it and didn't tell you? :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I like travelling by train - as long as I'm not commuting and am not in a rush to get anywhere. I think travelling all over the UK would be interesting - you see much more than you do by car (mainly because you are stationary more often and have plenty of time to look at it! :rolleyes:) However, as ticket from London to Manchester would have cost me nearly 200 pounds a couple of weeks ago (you can fly for 20!) I dread to think how much a ticket from Penzance to Inverness would cost!

8. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Hmmmm i don't think i would want to travel the whole country by train. I don't like train travel that much!!! it could be fun if you was travelling with someone else though :biggrin:

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Ashford ... on the Eurostar towards France & Europe ... I'd feel safe then ;)

10. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Once again: Why?!!

I'd could start easily from penzance (or menspants, it's prefered name) and that would save having to travel half the country before you even start. I have absolutely no desire to whats so ever tho! Cornwall is so far away from anywhere! Flying is the way forward!

11. timbloke

timbloke Member

why not go all the way to thurso or wick? When I was younger we went from Bedford to London to Edinburgh to Inverness to Thurso then to Stromness by boat. What was better was because of an offer on and the use of the family rail card, my brother and I travelled for a pound each whilst my dad got a discount.

There are some spectacular views on the route, particularly north of the border. I'd agree DaveR, travelling by train is very relaxing as long as you travel at the right time of day (weekday off peak), don't have a screaming kid behind you, and are not commuting.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Birmingham.
    England
    OnlyFrom Birmingham- PenzancePenzance
    Stations OnlyFrom Birmingham- PenzancePenzance -InvernessInverness- Birmingham
    Using Main
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

s'ok i thought Penzance was in America :-?

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Well, it's about as close to America that you can get without getting wet :rolleyes:

15. leisa

leisa Active Member

I just don't associate pirates with England!

16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

That is when i am going to go;)
    And then back home in Sunny West Midlands will be off yet again to hear a very good brass band practise for the National Finals not telling which one:biggrin: but they are up North 50 miles from me.
    Judges Of The Secret Court
    and then i will be up at 4ck on the saturday morning 28th October on my way down to London Royal Albert Hall by Car driving myself to hear the Nationals plus i will have free parking as i have got a good friend who lives down in Gants Hill and will be parking on their drive and then a 2 mins walk to Tube Staion:clap: :)
    You cant falt that now;)

17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Neither do I!!

Oops, sorry...thought you said penalties. :biggrin:

18. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Just make sure the RMT aren't on strike before you go!

19. leisa

leisa Active Member

that is a baaaaaad joke!! :tongue: :biggrin:

20. Nat

Nat Member

mine would be from newcastle and it cost me 90quid from newcastle-milton keynes return and i was happy to pay it as it was valentines day and i needed to be with my fiancee who was doing a course for work(best surprise ever)

21. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I thank you, I'm here all week. ;)

22. Lets just hope Gilbert and Sullivan ain't there either, otherwise you'd really be in trouble!!

Andy, arrrrrrrrrr me heartiesssssss :D