Train delays

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by HorniKaz, Oct 5, 2006.

1. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

OK, what's the strangest reason you've had for a train being delayed or cancelled?

I'm currently sat on my train trying to get home & we've had to stop because there's a swan on the line. The rescue team is on its way. Wonder if its INTERNATIONAL RESCUE?! Get it?!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    reason
    train
    RESCUE
    Train delays
    rescue team
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

lol!! take it its been a long day princess!!

i herd on the radio that they are also using the train is suffering from hayfever. something to do with the engine filters beeing blocked!!!!

4. Di

Di Active Member

Woops, sorry, meant to reply and hit edit instead. :redface:

Flying squad?

5. super_sop

now come on ducky thats just plain bad!!!

6. Di

Di Active Member

Just lark-in about.

7. super_sop

I just can't swallow that its worse thatn the last oen!

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I think you're ducking the issue, Craig. ;)
    BMB
    xx

9. HorniKaz

Come on peeps....

International Rescue = ThunderBIRDS!

Finally got home at 7.20. Usually takes about 12 mins. 1 hour 29 mins tonight :-( That on top of me twisting my ankle AND having a customer moan at me about a £30 charge when he could have mentioned it to the owner! Oh what a fab day!

10. Di

Di Active Member

No need to flap, we're with you. We're just robin it in a bit. :rolleyes:

11. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

nothing as interesting as a swan... the usual power failure, ambulance needed for some elderly lady, and one train i was on we had to stop in the middle of the tracks because we drove over some stones that some unhelpful so and so's had piled on the track. so that delayed us by about 10mins, so nothing major really.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    reason
    train
    RESCUE
    Train delays
    rescue team
  13. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

My train to London sometime last year was delayed because a hot air balloon had landed on the line and got tangled in the overhead cables :confused: I thought they were joking when they announced it!?

14. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

In the hottest days of last summer I was stuck on a train because of "the wrong type of sun" - which not only raises all sorts of questions about astrophysics but also is particularly worrying as I was on the underground at the time.

15. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I had that one too. The driver of the District Line train blamed the new private companies for not realising that the sun comes out during the summer and the track expands!

Just got delayed this morning due to a dog on the line, it's probably now a hot dog if it went anywhere near the power rail!

16. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Thats London Underground for you!

17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Was on a train some years ago coming down from Oxenholme which kept stopping every few miles. In the end the most wonderful guard came over the tannoy. He sounded just like Stephen Fry and said:
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologise for these exasperating delays, it seems our engine is experiencing some problems and we will have to wait for another one to join us at Lancaster. Of course, this poor old engine is very nearly as old as Thomas the Tank Engine! So I do ask you to bear with us. In the meantime if you would like, I can sing you some songs to cheer you up?"
    Then he started singing "The bells are ringing, for me and my gal..."
    We need more guards like that.
    BMB
    xx

18. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Definately! They all seem to be horrible little jobsworth Hitlers round here that are unnessecarily nasty.....and wonder why they get abuse??!!

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

The conductor on the train back from Preston today announced:

"I'm sorry for the delay, we are currently outside Manchester Piccadilly, and even thought it is 00:40, they are having trouble in assigning us a platform - because it is so busy at this time of day!"

He was wicked! :)

20. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Was once delayed on a train to Leeds on satirday night many years ago - A Newcastle fan on his way back from OT had his arm out of the window waving a toon scarf - the train was doing at least 60 at the ti,e when it went into a tunnel. You could hear the bone smash.

He had to wait till Huddersfield before they could evac him as it was the days before mobile phones.

21. HorniKaz

Eugh!!!!!! :frown:

22. Bassintheballroom

Bassintheballroom New Member

We had a bull on the tracks last week :D

And yes, the bull was eventually cowed into leaving the tracks and it was an udderly frustrating delay ;)