Tough Guy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Flutey, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Hopefully I will be doing Toght Guy in January with a few friends... has anybody on here done it before? I'd really appreciate tips on fitness, how to best train etc because I have no idea how hard it is- but bearing in mind I did a 2 week mountain trek and a glacier climb with no problems over the summer am I likely to be okay as long as I don't get complacent and keep working on my fitness? Cheers to all the lovely people in TMP land that always know the answers! :D
  2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Isn't it more assault course sort of stuff, with lots of crawling in mud and scaling barbed wire fences with fireballs raining in from all angles?
    Totally different to a trek or a glacier climb - I think. All round fitness should help, I'd google it if I were you and see what sort of stuff you'll be doing, so that you can tailor your training accordingly.
    Good luck :D
  3. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Lol, yeah it's all bits of everything, just that it's only an 8 mile course and you get 4 hours to do it... so doing about 20 miles in an 8 hour day up mountains is a good thing? I hope so, anyway! The Tough Guy website recommends mucho hill running, eurgh, but says it's more mental endurance than physical, but I have a feeling physical is important too somehow ;)
  4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

My son has done it for the last two years. He says it's the cold that gets to you most. That and the electric barbed wire obstacle.