Tormod Flaten to play with Mount Charles in May

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Kerwintootle, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Mount Charles Band Are pleased to announce………

The principal Euphonium of Eikanger, and Besson soloist and clinician, Tormod Flaten will be on tour in May.

Tormod will be working with youngsters in Cornwall as part of a four day visit arranged by Mount Charles Band.

As part of the visit, Tormod will carry out a solo recital at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, a youth workshop, and also a workshop with the Mount Charles Youth Band.

Concluding his visit to Cornwall, Tormod has agreed to perform with Mount Charles Band at the Grand Shield, Blackpool on Saturday May 7th.

Derek Thomas said ‘To have someone of Tormod’s calibre coming over to work with the youth is really exciting and I know that the youth band members are looking forward to meeting him’.

Jon Small agreed ‘The whole of the organisation is excited about the week with Tormod and having him on board for the Grand Shield on such a great piece will no doubt benefit the whole band.’

Derek went on to say that ‘I would like to give my thanks to both Nicholas Childs and Besson Band Aid for all their help and support for making this project possible”.

Tormod is a lovely guy and did a great job with the 'co at the Europeans in May last year. He will be a marvellous asset to the band. (AK)

2. Ginge

Ginge Member

All sounds great! Shame i won't be around to see it all though! :(

3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

4. blue_smarties

blue_smarties Member

5. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Ah, right. Well done Adam.

6. Ginge

Ginge Member