Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, May 22, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Don't you just love it?

I'm very glad that the new series is on. Three random men sat on leather sofas wearing jeans and blazers and talking rubbish about cars and many other things and being very very opinionated!

It makes my sunday complete. . .
  2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Im watching that! Well my brother is an i can hear it.
  3. ju33les

ju33les Member

Timbone is watching it too...the volume kept rising as I was nattering to my Mum on the phone:rolleyes:
    He said he wouldn't mind getting a brand new Rover when they finally sell them...........

(looks like he is going for that job at B+Q after all!:tongue: )
  4. Lisa

Lisa Member

I'm watching Heartbeat instead - nothing like some hard-hitting and action packed TV on a Sunday evening...
  5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Insane theyre playing football in cars.
  6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

That was great! They started off quite carefully, but in the end they were just hitting each other as much as possible it seemed :D 10 brand new Toyota Aygos ready for to be scrapped probably :eek:
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

and I really must try get off the net more often and watch more tv cos I keep missing the good stuff! :( first cheesey eurovision... and now top gear... sob sob
  8. Steve

Steve Active Member

quality tv, challenging a tank crew to try and shoot you while you lead them on a merry dance in a new landrover. brilliant
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Loved the bit where they chained themselves to the buses. Quality. :biggrin:

Forget the holiday programme presenters, I reckon that Jeremy Clarkson, James May and that little fella (who's name escapes me at the moment - but he looks a bit like a hamster I had when I was a kid) have the best jobs going. I mean how much better can it get than looning around Salsibury plain chased by a tank in a £70000 Range Rover, or playing five-a-side footie with some of Britain's best drivers in cheap and cheerful superminis?
  10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

that little hamster fella is Richard.....lovely Richard
  11. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Yeah thats the fella..(do I detect the tinyest hint of a crush there Caroline?? ;) )

One other thing I enjoyed which I forgot to mention was Jimmy Nesbit's face (and language) when he realised he wasn't going to make that corner...:D
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

no, no, no not a crush Ian.... I just think he's a bit lovely.

hehe indeed...pure class driving!
  13. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

:eek: Did'nt realise it was on... Need to see the repeat...

Im loving Men and Motors on Freeview at the mo...

14. Richard Hammond (that's almost Hamster, you know if you say it quick....maybe)

Loved the five-a-side game, quality.
  15. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

He really is sooooo cute, you just want to cuddle him up and take him home to your mum!

I feel sorry for him when that big nasty Jeremy puts the cars too high on the cool wall so that Richard can't change them.
  16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

The Ladies Richard Hammond Appreciation Society starts here. Form an orderly queue, girls. He is sooooo gorgeous. Pocket-sized. Mind you, am I being weird if I say I have the very slightest of crushes on Jeremy Clarkson?! OK, I'm weird. But I do. Help!
    Love the new TopGear, would love to thrash that Reasonably Priced Car round the track!
    Petrolhead Badger
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

It appears that I am not alone in my love for Richard then...we should all get together and invite Richard and Jeremy around for tea ....
  18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Maybe we can organise a tMP ladies only visit to the TopGear Studios and entertain them... or lets get Richard to carry the banner at Whit2006?

Did you know that all blokes who apply for a ticket to the show have to bring along a female companion in order that it becomes more accessible to girlies?!
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I love the program but don't often get chance to watch it!! :(

Sounds like the new series is up to the high standards of the previous ones tho.
  20. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

An when one of them sort of drove over one of the other cars... :D