Top Euphonium Teacher needed

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Sop_Or_Bass?, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Can anyone recommend a top Euphonium teacher within c. 50 miles or so of Cheltenham?

Looking for someone to teach my son who is currently studying grade 8 and needs to take his playing to the next level for his diploma, etc.

2. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

You might be struggling in this location to be honest, might be better to try further afield (maybe steven mead or david childs?) I know they both give lessons as friends of mine have been to see them both on fairly regular occasions.

Slightly further away, but probably worth it in the long run

3. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Lots of options in Birmingham Neil (such as Alwyn Green) or David could travel down to Cardiff quite easily by train to see David Childs ? It's also worth considering the Junior Department at Birmingham for David as he also sings and does a bit of percussion. He could condense all his lessons into one day that way.

4. its_jon

its_jon Member

5. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

What do you mean by top euphonium teacher? I am sure you can find some one local to Cheltenham area, Lyn Baglin is not that far away is he? I have taught a few euphonium players and other brass players to diploma level, in fact two of my pupils are currently preparing for a diploma.