Top 20 on All Brass Radio for January, 2015

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by DocFox, Feb 4, 2015.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Here is the top 20 as voted on by the listeners:

1. The Las Vegas Brass Band - Country Road
    2. Polysteel Band - Bendictus From The Armed Man Rating
    3. Black Dyke Band - French Military March
    4. EYMS Brass Band - Skyfall
    5. Black Dyke Band - The Melody Shop
    6. Brass Band Of Battle Creek - Lohengrin
    7. Hendon Band - Ye Banks and Braes
    8. SP&S Band - The Old Wells 1934
    9. Various Artists - Final Countdown / Love Changes Everything
    10. Fairey Band - Jubilee

11. Black Dyke Band - Ave Maria
    12. Grimethorpe Collery Band - En Arajuez Con Tu Amor
    13. Fodens Band - Procession to the Minster
    14. Waldsang Brass Band - Hook
    15. Virtuosi GUS Band - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
    16. New Zealand Community Trust Woolston Brass - Sanctus
    17. Ancienne Cecilia - Brigade Forteress
    18. Clifton & Lightcliffe Band - MacArthur Park
    19. Kirkintilloch Band - Liberty Fanfare
    20. British Army Brass Band - Preludium

2. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I forgot to add: I remove tracks that get low votes. This top 20 is from 587 randomly played tracks.

3. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

I shared this with my pal David Hughes, the arranger of the Dyke Ave Maria chart - it's 11th place here is just one more than the number sets of this music that were ever sold!
    (It's still available btw - pm me for details!)

4. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

It amazes me what is voted high. Certainly not all of them would I pick for the Top 20. I am happy when a band that donated a CD to me makes the top 20. It is not unusual for Black Dyke (for good reasons), Polysteel, Grimethorpe, etc to make the top 20.

But the top bands I have to buy the CDs from the UK and with P&P it is expensive. I own over 600 brass band CDs, mostly due to the generosity of Midland CD (we had an advertising relationship, I played ads, they paid me in CDs). They are still, in my consideration, one of the finest people I have met to do that. They really helped the station get a BIG boost.

It must be cool, no matter if you are Lovatt-Cooper, John Williams, Philip Sparke or your pal David to know that people like your music enough to vote it up. Before he passed away, I wonder what late Eric Ball thought after leaving such a large repertoire of music behind.

I had a small brass quintet record a piece I wrote. They sold a handful of CDs at concerts. But still, what a thrill. I hope your pal feels honored. Maybe that feeling wears off if you are really good, but I doubt it.

I cannot imagine that Floral Dance for 2 months in a row didn't make the top 20. Country Road by the Brass Band of Las Vegas has been in the #1 slot two months in a row. That amazes me.

Tell you friend congrats for me. We all love good music.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015