Top 10 Favourite Test Pieces - The CD!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by dyl, May 31, 2006.

1. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Don't you mean 3 ;)

You'll be pleased to know it'll be the full blown (groan) bottle version of Extreme Makeover as well.

2. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

YES! Although i do already have two copies of this version. Oh well one more wont hurt...

3. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

What a great idea - a helluva project though!

Oh, does anyone fancy doing the 11-20 placed pieces on volume two?? :)

4. KMJ Recordings

That'll be volumes 3 & 4 Craig (5 pieces per Volume).

I'll accept applications now :D

5. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Thank goodness for that! I look forward to hearing the good chaps in the Leyland percussion section tackle Extreme Makeover :-D

6. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

What will the price of the CDs be in $USD? Will they be ordered for shipment to the US from KMJ, World of Brass, tMP, or all of the above?

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

They will be available direct from tMP both in CD and downloadable MP3 format - and yes, I will ship to the US. We will perhaps also distribute via a few other vendors... ;) discussions are underway.

8. KMJ Recordings

A quick public word of thanks to Mr Sparke and Dr Wilby for their assistance behind the scenes this morning - it's much appreciated. :D

9. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Is this project still happening? Will there be a release 'in time for Christmas'?..

10. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

so what we talking about here??

11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Dyl's extensive post on the first page of the thread pretty much explains it all... what else do you need to know!? :confused:

Any details on planned release etc? :D

12. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

cant be bothered to read that TOO long!!!!!!!!!!

13. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Much easier to spam, eh Sopha!!?? ;-)

Anyway, whats the news on this project? I assume by the silence its no longer happening???....

14. dyl

dyl Active Member

An update will be posted later...............

15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Update:

I would like to inform everyone that the tMP Top Ten Test Piece CD is most certainly still very much on the cards, and we are 100% committed to continuing with this project.

However, the logistics and detailed planning involved in embarking on such a massive undertaking have proven very difficult and time consuming - which essentially means... we need more time to ensure we do the professional and top class job you would all expect of us at tMP.

Many people here on tMP know me, and are perhaps aware of my enthusiasm and passion to get things done... but unfortunately, although enthusiasm is infectious - it doesn't always end up with these things actually getting done within the time-scales I initially had in mind. This is my fault entirely; too much enthusiasm and inexperience on my part in these matters I guess :) but you can't fault me for trying at least eh?

Anyway, we're still in discussions with the same good people, we are working with the same excellent and highly talented team, we have the same pieces et al (of course), but my sincere apologies, and especially to those good folk who I know were looking forward to such a compilation in time for Christmas '06 - unfortunately the CD won't be this side of the New Year I'm afraid.

All I can say right now is that 1st quarter '07 is the current anticipated plan for resumption of the project. We put a lot of effort into the compilation of the top ten test pieces poll, especially our very own Dyl to whom we are all very grateful, so please stay with us on this project and eventually I am certain you'll all be treated to an entertaining and exceptionally high standard test piece CD.

Ta....

16. timps

timps Member

Did this ever happen?

17. KMJ Recordings

Due to various logistcal reasons, unfortunately not.

I'd still like to do something along these lines...but having moved with the times we'd probably have to explore alternatives to those in the original post.

18. Independent Silver Band

Independent Silver Band Active Member

I am not sure what all of this means about test pieces etc. but judging from the enthuisiasm generated by this thread, it must be a worthwhile project. My question is, what can those of us in the hinterlands do to help?

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I'd forgotten all about this ... what alternatives are being considered if the test piece option is on the back burner?

20. KMJ Recordings

We're more than happy to go with the test pieces, Tom

If we got a Band capable of delivering - and I mean that with the greatest of respect as performing these things would be no mean feat - and a venue in which to record them in, I'd put it in the first available slot...