toothy problems

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tuba jim, Sep 10, 2006.

1. tuba jim

tuba jim New Member

looking for some advice . been playing for a long time now and my teeth especially the front top teeth are going and i wondered if anybody out there had tried implants and if they were a good idea for brass players. do they vibrate ,do they come loose with playing.

2. x Merc x

x Merc x New Member

i have false teeth and play tuba, they are fine if you find the right adhesive.

good look tuba playing jim

3. bell buffer

bell buffer New Member

i know exactly what your problem is. I have my own shop in surrey selling instruments and brass related items, and to your luck i sell plastic teeth covers which you can wear with or without teeth to protect teeth and gums, and also your mouth piece !

drop me a hollar if you want more info !

4. sooooper sop

sooooper sop Member

One of my front teeth is an implant and I don't suffer any problems at all with it. The cost was a bit steep at £450 and the operation involved what seemed to be a 6 foot steel rod being cemented into my jaw took about 3 hours and wasn't very pleasent, but I think it was worth it in the end :biggrin: so good luck if you decide to go ahead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice