Too Big For Their Boots?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Just been listening to some of the whining and whinging coming from some of the Welsh footballers.

Just where do the likes of Robbie Savage and Craig Bellamy get off?

Who are they to say, " Make so and so manager or we, and a lot of others will retire from playing for Wales".

Get rid of them now!!! :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2:

Players should be proud to play for their country.

As for Mr I've Got No Brains Beckham. " I used my brains to get booked so that I could get the yellow card out of the way".

Hasn't he got the talent not to get booked in the first place?

Maybe he should take a look at a past England captain, who never got booked in his entire career, despite playing in Spain and getting limps kicked out of him!!

Rant over. God I feel better now.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Welsh
    Robbie Savage
    Got No Brains Beckham
    Craig Bellamy
    ranting2
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Just something else that I thought of.
    Just what have Savage and Bellamy ever won between them, apart from red cards?
    Poor John Charles must be turning in his grave!

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Agree 100% Kev. Savage's comments last night were a disgrace - they should be proud of playing for Wales - and should realise that it's Wales they play for and not the manager. These players throwing their dummies out of the pram wanting their mate to get the job are the exact same players who haven't won a competitive match for their country in 10 games. When they start winning big games regularly then you could perhaps understand the attitude, but not after a disastrous run of games. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

As for Beckham, does anyone think he was lucky just to escape with a booking for that 'tackle' on Saturday? It clearly looked pre-meditated and he could so easily have been sent off for it.

5. jambo

jambo Member

As far as Savage and Bellamy are concerned they have made a career out of whinging so I'm not surprised at theur comments, just amazed that their managers dont give them more of a slap and tell them to shut up and play football.

Re Beckham... I said at the time that he'd done it deliberately however the guy is obviously numb...smart move getting your self a clean sheet for the next game you play whilst having to miss a game...but... to tell the world that it was your intention is plain daft!

Still, brain dead or not, I'd be a penny behind him

6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Beckam isn't fit to lace anybody else's boots let alone his own.

SACK HIM!!! :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2:

The time when Beckham starts to behave responsibly is when........ :pig :pig :pig :pig :pig :pig

7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Hmmmm.....the smilies haven't come out as I thought they would. :oops: :oops:

8. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Beckham apparently said words to the effect of "I bet people didn't realise I was clever enough to do something like this"

David , you've shown us all exactly how clever you are by opening your mouth in first place!! I'm sure he's not the first to have done this , but to go public is just stupidity itself and blatantly goes against any notion of sportsmanship.It's this kind of carry on which makes me glad that Rugby is my favourite sport.

Strip him of the captaincy , and charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.Whilst he's off injured , I suggest he pops out and buys a biography of Bobby Moore and takes note.

And to make it worse , Sven et al are all sticking behind their golden boy.

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

You lot want to try being a Scotland fan for a while!!

I fully agree and understand your complaints but at least England and Wales usually play pretty good to watch football with players that have the potential to do something special on any given day!!

Us jocks are thankful when we don't get turned over and hammered good and proper by the likes of Moldova!!!
    Yeeshk, we're in a sorry state and no mistake!!

10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Just heard Craig Bellamy on radio stating that unless his hair can be as long and blonde as Savages (Robbie not Lily) he will not play again for Wales!!!!!