Tonight Matthew I am............

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Smid, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Smid

Smid Member

During pieces at an open air job on Saturday we got into a chat on who you would be if you went on "Brass Stars in Their Eyes" and what piece you would perform for Example would it be Steven Mead playing Blaydon Races and more amusingly what physical changes would have to be made to make you look like your star!

So anyone got a secret ambitions of who you'd like to be and what you'd like to play?

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

What a great thread!

I'd like to be Maurice Murphy with the LSO on those Star Wars soundtracks! (Look, Matthew, if I just split every other note, no one will know the difference, will they?) Think I'll skip on the physial changes needed!

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Wynton Marsalis knocking out Flight of the Bumble Bee!! Awsome. Physical changes...a bit of a tan for a start I think! :wink: :roll:

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm torn between Les Condon playing "Celestial Morn" and Pat Sheridan with "The Hot Canary".

Either way, I'd need to lose a bit of hair and gain a new pair of lungs :shock: :wink: :lol:

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Christian Lindberg playing the motorbike concerto... someone get me some leather!!

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Another take for me is that I'd like to be James Last conducting his orchestra. Well, who wouldn't want to make a lot of money standing there conducting your own cheesy pop orchestra arrangements and grinning inanely?

The moustache wouldn't be a problem, I'd just have to dye my hair grey and speak English in a German accent (He's German you see. His real name is Hans Last!)

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Aah the memories!! My Grandpa up in Alness (God rest his soul) was a James Last fanatic! Many a summer holiday evening was spent listening to that stuff.

Is it any wonder I'm disturbed? :?

8. twigglet

twigglet Member

Well I'd love to be able to play like some of the old greats, but unfortunately for that a sex change would be involved, i'm not sure Matthew has attempted that one yet!!

9. onedrummeruk

onedrummeruk Member

Easy-Peasy

Buddy Rich doing a drum solo.

Physical Changes - Erm maybe not as he's dead and probably a bit drippy - YUK!!!

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Buddy Rich was quite fantastic. His last performance was at my high school in Ohio :cry:

He is sorely missed.

I would have to go with ... me being Jack Teagarten playing trombone at one of the dives in New Orleans. That would have been great!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Stars in Their Eyes
    Steven Mead
    Blaydon Races
    Saturday
    open air job
  12. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Dave Payn's going on with his Dad's brother.
    Only thing is, that the fellow's in a wheelchair, having lost both legs, his left arm, his right wrist and part of his head in a horrific accident.

Tonight Matthew, he's going to be Simon and Halfuncle....

13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Good... but older than me....

14. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Maurice Murphy for me,playing anything really he is just fantastic. I have the lighter side of Maurice Murphy playing in the car at the moment, fantastic. Physical changes well like twigglet said don't think MK has gone in for sex changes yet. :wink:

15. Rapunzella

Rapunzella New Member

I'd LOVE to be anyone who plays for Black Dyke. I love the uniform, the way they look when they're walking around at contests and concerts are fandabbydosy! I love the band and would love to go on Start in their Eyes as any one of them. If I had to choose one, I'd choose..............

Morvern Gilchrist because you get to sit next to one legend and look at another (Roger Webster and David Thornton)