Tongwynlais Temperance & Lewis Merthyr in Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Naval Nick, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Naval Nick

Naval Nick Member

Tongwynlais Temperance Band & Lewis Merthyr Band will being hold a pre-regional Spring Concert in Tongwynlais Village Hall on Sunday 2nd March at 6pm.

[FONT=&quot]Entry £7.50 to include glossy programme, free entry into raffle and light refreshments.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Tongwynlais will be playing some of their innovative programme from Butlins Mineworkers Championships which will include the winning soloist Gavin Pritchard playing [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kopanitsa, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the piece especially written for him to play at the contest by Andrew Baker and Festival Music by Eric Ball - Championship Section Test Piece[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lewis Merthyr playing some of their current concert repertoire and ‘Three Part Invention’ by Kenneth Downie - 2nd Section Test Piece[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Tongwynlais Junior Band will also be playing in concert.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]An innovative idea based on the Norwegian Brass Band scene where all the bands in a particular area get together and play this type of concert the weekend before a major contest. All are welcome for an evening full of entertainment. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Worth going just to see how much running around Gavin has to do in Kopanitsa!!

Sounds like a great idea for a concert. :clap:
  3. Captain Cymru

Captain Cymru Member

I agree should be a great evening. Good chance to here two of the area test pieces also.
  4. Naval Nick

Naval Nick Member

[FONT=&quot]Just a reminder about the Concert this evening, this should be a cracking night entertainment. So all those people in South Wales who want to come along. 6pm in the Village hall and refreshments provided in the entrance fee. Look forward to seeing you there.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Member

Where is Tongwynlais village hall? I am thinking of getting the bus to there tonight. I am guessing it will be easy and obvious to find?