To shuffle or not to shuffle....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I've had media player on random shuffle all day, which saves it all getting it a bit monotonous when I'm working, however I do have a couple of issues:

1. It always picks the same songs ( and they're usually the embarrassing ones!)
    2. I end up with Eve doing lots of swearing going into Dido or something equally as tranquil and Norah Jonesesque!

Do you shuffle or not shuffle?!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    couple
    issues
    bit
    swearing
    something
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

defo a shuffle, variety is the spice of life!

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Always shuffle. I think the "Eve to Norah Jones"-type links make for some very interesting listening.

It is annoying that they do seem to pick the same tracks though - the CD changer in my last car would always start with Disc 3 track 5 for some reason.

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

I used to shuffle but now that I've added some classical into the mix I prefer to listen to an album at a time.

The shuffle order is not actually random, but some pseudo-random order that's determined by a bit of maths. You often get the same tracks repeated because of this, and it's usually that Bon Jovi track you were trying to forget about ;)

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Defo shuffle. I love the thrill of not knowing what comes next, and the eclectic surprise of going from the calm tones of Spiegel im Spiegel to the pure filth of Hayseed Dixie's version of Walk this Way.
    Wouldn't play any other way.
    BMB
    xx

7. NeilW

NeilW Member

Make a number of shuffled playlists of the things you want in random order....

Hopefully they'll randomise (or can be made to be so) differently.

That's what I do on my MP3 player to get around the "it plays the same shuffle every time" problem.

Winamp can certainly do this if MediaPlayer can't....

Neil.

8. groovy

groovy Active Member

Yep I'm a shuffler! Otherwise I would never know what genre to tune into. Brass Band? Rock? Pop? Micellanous? And then within each genre there is the choice of which artist/album. very confusing. I'm a classic Libra - indecisive - so shuffle is the way to go.

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

It depends, when I had my mp3 player (which is now dead) I made playlists with songs for different times an stuff or just played through all songs but the problem with that is you never finish all of them and listen to the first 20 odd over and over again. I didnt know how to make it shuffle...

10. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Shuffle...although it can lead to some extremely dubious choices!

11. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Shuffle def. But then there's always the fear of people finding out about that cliff richard album you bought 5 years ago when you have 'what I'm listening to' turned on msn.

Disclaimer: I have never owned a Cliff Richard CD.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    couple
    issues
    bit
    swearing
    something
  13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Yes, but have you ripped one onto MP3?:rolleyes:

14. twigglet

twigglet Member

There is also always the risk that you'll be getting really, really into something Bon JOviesque and probably doing a bit of shoulder dancing, then the mood is somewhat pin *****ed when it skips to something classical..... hmmm a tough one