To all our new members from the West...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

...who have been less than impressed with, and in some cases ungracious about (a) the adjudication in the West and (b) tMP policy, I have two suggestions.

(a) Become adjudicators, or get on the Regional Committee and appoint adjudicators you trust.

(b) Abide by tMP rules, including decisions taken by moderators, or don't visit or post here on tMP.

tMP provide a great service the set up and running of which includes;

1. Buying a server and paying the costs of development and maintenance
    2. Buying functional scripts
    3. Putting together a team of helpers who give their time and efforts gratis
    4. Trying to ensure that your forum remains impartial, whilst satisfying the forum host's rules
    5. Ensuring that posters do not put the team, the owner, or even themselves at the risk of prosecution for libellous posts.
    6. Hiring lawyers to verify certain legal points
    7. More work behind the scenes that the average poster will never be aware of.
    If you're not prepared to abide by tMP rules, including those on decisions that need to be made by moderators, then you should consider whether this is the place for you to air your views. You've really made tMP a less than enjoyable place to be since the weekend.

Before anyone says "But 4barsrest..." I would point out that 4bars rest provides an excellent product, but it has the advantage (or disadvantage) of a few days lag when it comes to its "Your comments" section. No letter to 4barsrest goes unread, and you can be sure that Iwan and his team will consider what letters can be printed, and what can't. tMP doesn't have the luxury of a few days grace between submission and going public, so if there are any posts that MIGHT be considered libellous or unsuitable for any reason, the mods HAVE to withdraw them, at least temporarily, to protect everyone involved.

Of course the advantage of tMP's immediacy is that if you need a dep at 12 hours notice, you might get lucky. Without implying this as a criticism in any way, 4barsrest can't help in such a short timescale.

If you do feel the need to comment on matters relating to the forum and/or its policies, the 'Suggestions and How To' category is where people can post their thoughts and constructive feedback. I suggest that if you do draft a post for this category, you save it and review it in a few hours. If you type and send in anger, you may well regret it. People frequently make this mistake with email.

To everyone else who has joined recently, and will post in a manner that will not need to be modded, you are very welcome and I look forward to hearing your views, even on the events of last weekend at Torquay.

And before anyone asks, no, I am not a moderator, I am not the owner, but I am glad tMP exists.
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  3. Di

Di Active Member

^^ What he said!

^ What she did! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bravo that man! :biggrin:

Bravo the tMP team! :tup:biggrin::clap:
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Well Put!
  5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Have I missed something? :confused: Surely not!:eek:
  6. Heather

Heather Member

Yes, well said!

I've only just read the thread and can't believe it!
    I just feel for the members of the qualifying Bands. Hopefully they will take no notice of all this bickering and enjoy their moment of success...which they deserve.

WoE --------- does it now mean 'woe is me' ???
  7. Kernow

Kernow Member

Well said Will.
    I would like to point out that my post from last night (where I put "This must stop!!!) was in no way being critical to the moderators or the site, this is a fantastic site and I congratulate all concerned in the running of it. The comment was aimed at the people who have been posting abuse toward the qualifying bands etc.
    We have a lot of young players in our band and they were being upset by the comments at a time when they should be really enjoying the moment.
    I just thought that it was time for someone to stand up for not only our players, but the players from all of the bands that qualified from whatever section, who have had their moment ruined by the minority.
    To all of the tMP team, well done, keep up the good work and if my post didn't fully read in the way that it was intended please accept my sincere apologies.
  8. Jamie

Jamie Member

Bravo indeed. I've refrained so far from commenting in that thread for fear of a) repeating anything that's gone before, and b) from getting on the wrong side of anybody I live so close to!!

I can't comment on the playing or adjudicating, as i wasn't able to go, but given the opportunity away from t'other thread, I'd like to express my disappointment that it isn't Mount Charles qualifying, but also to not let that detract from my congratulations to St. Austell in particular who are just up the road, and who are friends. I did initially want to accuse the adjudicator of being deaf or the like, but that was merely down to wanting my brother and his band to win! Who doesn't want to blame anyone but themselves?! I will stress that I obviously do not feel that way now, it was due to the green-eyed monster surfacing, and no reflection on them! I probably would have felt that way if we'd (I say 'we', not that I had anything to do with it! Am just the groupie!) not played a single note right... the same way everyone blames the ref for being biased when your player hacks chunks out of someone elses leg and gets sent off!!

But now my moment of jealousy has subsided, and I wish them all the best representing our corner later on, and to all the other qualifiers... I may even come to have a butchers!