Tmp'ers in the London Marathon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bignige, Apr 12, 2008.

1. bignige

bignige Member

This is from another interesting thread but I wondered if there were any others in the London Marathon on Sunday.

All the best to you all especially Ian.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I know a good friend of mine (Ross) ran in the London Marathon a few years ago - fantastic achievement I must say. He is registered on tMP but I forget his username.
  3. MedwayMan

MedwayMan New Member

London Marathon

Good luck to all Marathon Competitors. In addition to those already mentioned, Dr Richard Parsons (1st Trom. KM Medway Band) is running, raising lost of money for a medical charity. As an experienced Contest Secretary he made sure he was at the draw on time. We await the adjudicators comments!!!

Dave B.
    KM Medway band.
  4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

My friend Ryan ran the marathon in 3hrs 48mins today. Me and the one known as Essex Elvis were standing in very wet parts of Docklands to cheer him on today.

He was running for the British Heart Foundation.
  5. MedwayMan

MedwayMan New Member

London Marathon

Well done to all that took part.
    Great time for Ryan.
    Dr Richard Parsons clocked 5hrs 01mins 05 secs. for his first ever marathon.

Dave B.
    KM Medway Band.
  6. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

My brother (Michael Garrett), former Repiano for Douglas Town Band ran the marathon in 3 hrs 9 secs today :clap: which is slightly down on last years' 2 hrs 57 secs! Big well done to him:clap:
    I'm kernackered just thinking about running that far!!:eek:
  7. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Steve Kowalenko, front row at Staines, came in at 3:07:55 today, finishing 1673rd overall out of around 40000 runners, and 54th for his age group.
    Nice one Steve :clap:
  8. euph__onium

euph__onium New Member

Thanks Nigel! I finished, in 4hrs 30 minutes. It was definately worth it, (just about), but absolutely knackering! In future, I'll stick to honking away on my euph! See you at band on monday!
  9. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Well done Ian!!!
    So did all that taping and shaving work? or are your toes still sore? XXX
  10. bignige

bignige Member

Well done Ian and everyone who took part.
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Oh I dunno, you do yourself an injustice...I bet if you added up all the times you've had it away with peoples wheel trims it would come to about that! :biggrin:
    (Joke!! Seriously, Manx does NOT pinch peoples wheel trims! :rolleyes: )

Well done to everyone who ran the marathon yesterday, I've only ever done a half marathon and that was bad enough!! :clap:
  12. euph__onium

euph__onium New Member

Well, Mesmerist (?!) the taping and shaving worked very well indeed, no chafing at all! My feet, however, are a mess, my knees have gone on strike and my legs ache. Apart from that, it was great-never again though!