tMPers in Harrogate

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by The-Wee-Timpanist, Sep 20, 2009.

1. So, as there is less than a week to go now how many tMPers are going to be staying in Harrogate or nearby?

We were fortunate enough to get booked into the St George Hotel which is apparently only 200 yards away from the conference centre.

If you're there come and say hi. We're a friendly bunch from just north of the border! :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Harrogate So
    tMPers
    St George Hotel
    Harrogate
    yards
  3. davids

davids New Member

THat will be very nice, thank you. I have heard that you are friendly.

4. Deano

Deano Member

We (Ynyshir) were staying in the St George until last week when we had a phone call from music on the move saying that the St George hadn't received the booking from them. Now staying in the Yorkshire, not happy, booked the St George because of the location. Still rehearsing there on sunday morning through, maybe I'll bump into you.

All the best for the weekend.

5. brianatb

brianatb Member

Will have my oompa band music with me .If anyone cares to join in the fun. Line up is 2 X Clarinets ) 2 x Cornets ,1 X trom (Bass clef ) 1 x Euph ( Bass clef ) 1X Bass ( Bass clef ) Should be a blast.!!. P M me if interested.

6. brianatb

brianatb Member

:clap:
    Meant to say, this will take place in our hotel at some point on the Saturday pm. ( if there is enough interest shown):biggrin:

7. brianatb

brianatb Member

Playing Saturday ,pm at our hotel if enough interest shown. :clap:

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Oh great! OOOmpah music! Mmmmmmmmmmmm, think I have something on that weekend :D

9. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Would have thought those little leather shorts would have been right up your alley?:biggrin:

10. brianatb

brianatb Member

You will have fun honest;)

11. steve butler

Just me being a grouch. When you've played that garbage for a living (briefly in my case thank god) then the last thing you want is to watch/hear it for fun (?)
    As for the shorts, I have been known to wear them in different circumstances :D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Harrogate So
    tMPers
    St George Hotel
    Harrogate
    yards
  13. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Us at Camborne B will be staying at our usual haunt for trips to this part of the world which is Brighouse or Briggus should i say.Its a bit of a jaunt to Harrogate (about an hour) but its a cracking top notch hotel!!! All the trimmings inc a nice big swimming pool!!!

14. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi i will be staying in Harrogate Sat night, as i have just joined City of Coventry (two weeks ago), they have not told me yet where am staying, i know its a hotel in Harrogate, Happen on sat they will let me know he he he.Good luck to all, if you see a forlorn sop player looking lost, please take me in !!! he he only jesting they a great bunch.

15. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

only if they're a bit TOO tight....

16. we (point of ayr colliery) are staying at the holiday inn on saturday night, so hopefully get to meet some of you for a quiet??!!! pint!;)

17. daitom

daitom New Member

Is that possible Matty? .... a quiet pint with this lot!!!!! ;)

18. perhaps your right there dave, point of ayr and quiet are not two words usually associated:rolleyes: as long as we avoid the place where the oompah band are playing we will be fine lol!

19. Kjata

Kjata Member

I'm playing sop with GT group band in the first section (another ****** Vinter piece) :(

20. brianatb

brianatb Member

Cancelled due to lack of interest. Remind me not to post after i have had a pint or four :oops:

21. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Lol Ill be there - we are staying in the Travel Inn attached to the conference centre itself. Not far to stagger. Weirdly, 24 hours and its all going to be over bar the... well... Bar!

22. steve butler

Good luck fella, and all who sail with ya