TMPers for Scottish Championships

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Borfeo, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Who will all be in Motherwell for this weekends music making?

I'll be there both days, so a dry Saturday night for me.....if you see me in the bar with a beer in my hand on Saturday please feel free to point out the error of my ways :wink:

Good luck everybody
  2. Active Member

World of Brass will be and, as well as last weekends new releases, we'll have another new CD called Live Brass from Scotland which is the highlights CD from the inaugural Scottish Open.
  3. Neutiquam Erro

Neutiquam Erro New Member

Given the fact i'll be sitting pretty close to you on the stage, you can buy me a beer!!
  4. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Too close for my liking Keith, I'd have prefferred you next to the timps!!

Also, you know that I don't buy beer unless cadenzas are perfect, time to get practicing :?
  5. Neutiquam Erro

Neutiquam Erro New Member

6. BigD

BigD Member

How are Newlands doing Mark?
  7. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Been going really well Davie, things starting to take shape and the runthroughs are becoming more solid each time. Just hoping that our contest inexperience doesn't affect on the day, but overall I'm happy we'll do our best.

How's St Ronans coming along? It's a good piece of music Kaleidoscope, would think you guys have a decent chance with your great youngsters
  8. BigD

BigD Member

Pretty well but there are some good bands in the section. Dalkieth will be looking to go back up and I'm sure Kilmarnock will put in a good show. Others too.
    Thats the diplomatic answer isn't it?
  9. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Certainly is mate,I think all the lower sections will be interesting, the 1st and 2nd sections look tight this year.
    I'll be happy if Newlands play as well as they can do, (it's all anybody can do) the rest is up to Messrs Renton and Tennant :wink:
  10. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I will be there playing on Saturday and listening on Sunday
  11. Moy

Moy Active Member

We are going down Saturday and staying overnight in the Westerwood Hotel. Rehearsing there on the Sat night so won't be at the contest on the Saturday. Maybe see some of you on Sunday. :wink:
  12. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I'll be there on the Sunday,you'll find me in the nearest bar or chipshop depending on what time of day it is.
    Rehearsing on the Saturday so cant make it but good luck to everyone and leave some beer for us on Sunday
  13. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I'm sure you'll have your own personal stash of beer Eck, you are a Fifer after all :D
  14. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Hey there Mark, easy boy!!!!!! I'm a fifer as well grrrr.

I want to go to the Scottish, it's not fair!! Who's idea is it to have areas on the same weekend. Grrrrrrrr!!!! :twisted:
  15. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Has BT not fitted that extra deep pocket in the band jackets, to fit the bottle of Vodka in, it was in the pipeline when i was there :wink:

I know what you mean, I'm gutted that I can't get to the North West regionals, I always enjoy a few beers in the Winter Gardens, still the Senior Trophy beckons for me in May so I guess I can survive.

Good luck to BT tho, hope things are going well
  16. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

We're doing fine, the piece is sounding well! No sign of those jackets yet, but I have invested in one of those fancy "gig" bag rucksack thingies which are very handy for fitting millions of things into......bottles of cava especially.....yuuumm!!!

I still miss contests in Scotland though, if you need a bari player for the carnegie I'm coming up!
  17. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Won't be playing at Carnegie this year, decided to bypass it to concentrate on the Senior Trophy, but I'll be there for the bar definitely, so no doubt I'll see you at some point there!!
  18. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

you not even taking Newlands along Mark--good day out for them--see you in the bar anyway
  19. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I shall be there for a while on the Sunday - our bus is leaving an hour or so after 1st Section results though so won't be around for long.

Hope to bump into some of you though - I'll be the one without the alcohol since I'm driving at the other end of the bus journey :( :cry:
  20. davie

davie New Member

Ha - you make it sound like we're a bunch of old folks. Mark... could we arrange a trip to the bingo that day instead?

Might need to keep the zimmer handy on Saturday right enought in case my knees don't want to take me on stage...

Davie P.