tMPers at the Whits

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WhatSharp?, Jun 6, 2004.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Who did you bump into at the Whits?

Suprisingly poor showing from me I'm afraid, saw littlemissmarcroft waving her weapon around (you could have someone eye out with that you know :D :wink: ) and ran into SuperSplit, but that was about it. Mind you we were going at a fair old pace, the only point we managed to hang around and get some beer was Dobcross and a rapid pint at Greenfield.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ginger
    Saw BOC Brass
    Julie Backhouse
    Bass Trom
    Whits
  3. mel

mel Member

I bumped into Sudcornet, it was really nice to see him again.

4. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I spoke to Rutty at Dobcross - it was nice to see him again!

5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i saw, neil twist, the tmp band-recognised a few of ya, jez (euph-bari) erm, chris doran, ben, leyland crew, saw BOC brass and recognised one person, thats it i think, sorry if i saw ya and have missed you out, i have a bad memory, epesh for the end of the night

6. davidsait

davidsait Member

I saw BOC and Satchmo Shaz who was depping for someone, I forget. Didn't see the tmp band which is a shame.

You might not think you saw me there, but I was with green-haired lot!

7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

well me and Sammy T bumped into dave sait from Warwick Uni band, we were depping for Rolls Royce Derby, (8 of us from Long Eaton!..... think we will go next year) :wink:

8. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Unfortunately, I couldn't be there (wow, what a surprise) but I do aim to attend one of these days to spot you all working hard.

Incidently, do you all really use chalkboards as marching banners? I thought it was a cheap prop in Brassed off, but now I've seen David Sait's avatar....[​IMG]

I don't know what to think!!! Us Aussies attend contests prepared with these - [​IMG]

And yes girls, Carl is single, with a house on the beach and a damn good pay packet!!

9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yup the chalk boards still there.. always a good form of entertainment!!!
    we ended up back in manchester with a big chalkboard saying "quiet please" :shock:
    and at ashton fc they tried to put us down as "box brass" (beurgh)

10. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

After a really good Whit Friday with Parr, Julie and I made our way to a pub near Oldham, where the tMP band arrived at about 10.45. It was fabulous to meet John and Roger and Neil and everyone else. The band came in and played Knight Templar, then we all ate meat pie, chicken curry and chips. What a night.

11. :lol: Wasnt hard to miss me with that thing was it? :? :oops:

I saw The Music Man.... and other than people I already know, that was about it. The TMP bus was behind us at uppermill, but none of them got off till we set off marching so more of them probably saw me, than I saw them!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ginger
    Saw BOC Brass
    Julie Backhouse
    Bass Trom
    Whits
  13. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Saw GeordieColin at Delph, and Neil Twist and Jez at Dobcross.

14. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

well, that's not quite true, I was talking to your horn section, whom I know quite well, and Ginger Jo, just got them before you set up for the march.

ps, miss marcroft was the first thing I noticed at Uppermill, twiddleing her stick behind the coach.

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

BEURGH!!!!

hehehehe! Miss Marcroft .. we were in the turqoise jackets at Dobcross if you remember!! lol

16. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Was a great day eh! I saw many people, faces from the past... here'#s a snippet:

I saw Leanne (partner/wife of Ian Porterhouse) whom I haven't seen for many years - last time we spoke was before she moved up North I believe. Great to see you Leanne... good luck for the next 3 months (she's 6 months pregnant) :tup

Nice to see Nigel (SudCornet) again, what a great job he did for us in arranging last years Easingwold Event - thanks Nigel.

Dave (Rutty)... the purveyor and body of knowledge of all the worlds weirdest www sites... keep 'em coming Dave :)

Always good to see the twiglets...:), Elin and Caroline - looking great as ever. And I am glad to hear that Bethan (really big twigge) is doing OK after her world tour :?

Aidan (Nadia) - who gave a wave but declined our request to help us on Sop when our tMP Sop player was immersed in a gallon of booze somewhere en route as we were about to set off on one march - shame on you Aidan..:) :lol:

I met Tim - well done Tim on your success with Parr - great results you had there sir... and Mark (Paddo), great to see you taking shots - looking forward to seeing them up on your www site.

It was great to see a Little Miss Marcroft stunned into silence after I introduced myself surprisingly to her - She didn't know who I was and I mentioned the "Sexism on tMP thread",the penny dropped and she realised who I was.... what a picture, I wish paddo was around to capture your face LMM...;) All I heard was a giggle.... all I saw was a red face...:) Well done on the twirling tho!

... as well as numerous others who came to say "Hi" but whom I either didn't know or didn't recognise... (sorry). So many people were asking about tMP, wishing us well and good luck - thanks to you all.

And finally of course... everyone in the tMP band... so brilliantly put together by tMP's very own Rachel (Sparkling Quavers) - great job rach... well done and thanks.

Definately going again next year...:)

John

17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

errrmm i saw a lot of tmpers but not many saw or rather recognised me...

Saw Lauradoll out with BT
    Saw Chris Doran and Ben out with Leyland
    Watched Pennine and Little Miss Marcrofts stick twirling at Grotton whilst consuming a pie...
    Actually gained entry to the BOC coach at Delph...
    Spoke to Midwalesman at Delph
    Spent the day marching next to tuba_fran
    Spoke to Gavin (ukdrummerboy?)the Stocksbridge drummer at Delph
    Spoke to Neil Twist over the phone at various points
    Spoke to most of tmp brass over the phone at about 3am
    Spoke to sunnyjimbob with Bakewell
    Saw Hepworth on their way to the stage at Delph (as we were coming off it) but didn't recognise any tmpers

18. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Proof that women can multitask :twisted:

19. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Sorry we'd just played Thunderbirds at the previous march (albeit around 3 hours previously) and my lips were boshed

20. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I was eating the pie.

fool.

Nice pie it was too, the last meat pie at Grotton with some lukewarm mushy peas. canny.

21. I actually saw no-one!
    what a disappointment

however - if anyone saw Lydgate band, I was one of their BB flat players, the one playing half the march down the octave. hehehe

22. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Aidan.. only joking matey.... no worries - hope to see you in Easingwold yeah?