TMPers at Glastonbury ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Red Elvis, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

So Blur had a Euph in the brass set up , but more conclusive proof of our influence - whilst watching the Boss on the telly Sat night I noticed the very promininent banner at the front of the crowd reading "I ( heart) Sausages" !!!

Who was responsible !! ?? Mr Perks ??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Perks
    proof
    banner
    front
    crowd
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Did the banner in question have loads of smilies on it? If not, then it was someone else!

4. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I noticed the sausage banner too. It was there most of the weekend :clap:
    Not sure of the relevance, but it made me giggle.

So anyone here go to Glastonbury this year?

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Nope it was not me sorry folks.
    :biggrin::tup:clap:;)
    Ive left room for someone to add if they want to

6. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Yeah I was there - and the sausage banner (it just had "I [heart] sausages" on it") had been nicked off one of traders stands at the festival. It was a pain because it blocked the view of the Pyramid stage a lot of the time, and i would have quite willingly inserted it sideways up the person's waving it where the sun dont shine.

Was well impressed by Blur's brass section, but then again quite a lot of bands seemed to have brass / horn sections this year.

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I thought Tom Jones' horn section was immaculate! Weird highlights on the Beeb though ... more like TOTP reunion than what I traditionally expected of Glastonbury (... but I thought Neil Young was brilliant). Andy, did you get to see the masters of the glissando guitar? I would have expected Steve Hillage to put on a professional show! (and did he join Gong onstage to help with the Omriff?)

8. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Big clash of bands unfortunately Brassneck - Steve Hillage was on the Glade stage on Sunday night imediately followed by Gong on the same stage. At this time there was also Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds then Blur on the main stage, Echo and the Bunnymen on the john Peel Stage, Roger mcGuinn then georgie fame and the blue flames on the Acoustic stage, and the Peatbog Faeries on the Avalon. Thats the problem of Glastonbury, so much to do, so little time to do it in!!

As the weather was Hot to Roasting even at 20:00 and it was threatening rain we stayed by the Pyramid (id wanted to see Nick cave for some time anyway, then Blur, which Im glad I did now.)

However Gong are playing the Leveller's Beautiful Days festival in August at Escot park which I have tickets for, so all is not lost!

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It's All Too Much, lol! Gong have been a bit patchy over the years since they "reformed" & it would be good to know if they have tightened their act up.

10. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

I will let you know - its 21st - 23rd August and a bl**dy good festival as well

http://www.beautifuldays.org/artists/ix

Line up is good as well if you are into the same sort of stuff as me and not bothered about major "name" bands.

11. leisa

leisa Active Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Perks
    proof
    banner
    front
    crowd