tMP World Cup Sweepstake...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 9, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Watcha rekon folks... would you like me to run one?

Not sure how it would work, but we could do something; it could be a biggie. if you trust me, we could say, have a paypal entry fee of a few quid, and I would do a draw where you then get assigned a number which matches to a team...?

If I collate a list of teams and numbers, then share that list with someone else on here so it is seen to be fair- maybe we could do it with a few people picking random numbers that then get them their team for the sweep...? thoughts...?

Shout if you want me to do this for you cos we're running out of time.

As ever I'd like to cover PayPal fees for tMP - only enough for the fees mind you - so if we were to charge £5 per entry, then the winner gets £4.50 or so of each entry? This would mean my PayPal costs would be covered and we could have a potential big winner...???

Those who have expressed an interest:

Delbert
    MRSH
    Elspeth
    John (if I am allowed)
    Markyboy
    Super_Sop
    Dyl
    HorniKaz
    AndyP

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    biggie.
    tMP World Cup
    teams
    folks
    number
  3. Delbert

Delbert Member

I'd be up for it!!!

4. TheMusicMan

OK, so long as we have enough people show their interest by the end of the weekend, then it's a go go!

5. Delbert

Delbert Member

And so far the interest is just two of us????

6. TheMusicMan

Hehe... the Whits are happening at the minute and the first game currently in progress. Let's give it until the end of the weekend and take it from there.

7. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I'd be up for this and so would Aardvark.

Great idea John

PS John - might be a good idea to 'sticky' this just in case in gets lost in the list by the end of the weekend. Please forgive 'granny sucking eggs' and all that.

8. TheMusicMan

OK, cheers Matt. I'll update the 1st post in the thread to keep a track of those who are interested.

9. markyboy

markyboy Member

Count me in as well !!

Can I ask are the teams allocated to each entry totally random , a bit like a raffle because otherwise everyone will want to go for Brazil , Argies , England etc.

Cheers Mark

10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

count me in!

11. TheMusicMan

That's what I suggested in the first post Mark and is the only way this would work. I shall add you and Craig to the list.

PS: try to badger some of the other tMP World Cup area viewers so we get more to join it. Can only do this if we have enough people wanting to do it.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    biggie.
    tMP World Cup
    teams
    folks
    number
  13. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'm in!

14. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Count me in please :)

15. TheMusicMan

OK, thanks Dyl and Kaz - I added your names to the first post.

We still need more entrants if you want this to work.

@Crawf: see if you can do some recruitment pls matey...

16. TheMusicMan

PS: have a think as to how we run this. I feel it should be a big one wiuth something like £5 per entry. I'll make sure my Paypal fees are sorted, and so if we get 32 entries the winner could stand to win £170'ish...

Thoughts....?

17. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

That would be good if we can get enough people in quickly, but if that takes to long someone may end up getting a team that is practically knocked out already (and I know it'll be me :rolleyes: ).

Maybe as an option if we have trouble getting people in we could just include the countries that get through to the next stage, we could still do the draw as soon as there are enough entrants (by having group & postion eg. I might draw have Winner group A etc..). That would need 16 entrants - so still quite a nice prize for the winner.

Elspeth

18. andyp

andyp Active Member

Count me in - I've got to do better than the sweep at work!

(I got Ghana and the Ivory Coast :( )

19. TheMusicMan

Yep - we could still do the last 16 if we didn't get enough people in by the end of the weekend. No probs... I'll run with however many you want me to.

20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Eek, sorry John, it's the first time i've been on all weekend (A little thing called Whit Friday got in the way), I'll start recruiting asap. :biggrin:

COME ON PEOPLE, CRACK ON, GET YER NAMES DOWN!! :tongue:

21. TheMusicMan

AndyP = Added.... !!

22. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Oh yeah, I'm in too! :oops: