tMP - Whit Friday 2007 - Questions and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Folks,

Feel free to post any questions/discussions relating to the tMP Bands appearance in the Whit Friday March Contest on 1st June, 2007.

If you wish to take part please register your interest on the following thread:

2. dave jake

dave jake Member

Cheque will be in the post,couldn t work out the paypal thingy
  3. Roger Thorne

UPDATE - Hotel

In previous years we have stayed the night at The Pennine Hotel in Oldham but unfortunately it is no longer trading.

We are at present looking for other suitable hotels with a rehearsal facility and at the moment the prices are ranging between £57 - £67 per room.

A lot of these rooms have double and single beds, so the cost could be about £30 per person if people are prepared to share.

We will update you regularly with information, but felt it only fair to let you know at this stage the cost of hotel rooms.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hello Roger :D

Won't we all miss the very warm pennine way? :tongue:

There's a travelodge in Oldham, which is £50 a night for a family room, which can sleep up to 3 adults:

or a premiertravelinn from roughly the same price for two people:

is that any help? :D

P.S: I can't believe its nearly been a whole year! I'm getting excited now! oooh and any ideas for the road march yet?! :D
  5. Di

Di Active Member

Actually, the travelodge can be booked at £26 per night per room, there's even one where you can book at £15 per night so long as they have the "specials" left and booked at least three weeks in advance, but then I see no mention of a bar, only a restaurant next door. ;)
  6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

well the bar at pennine closed early anyway! we could make our own bar! :D
  7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Woohoo, it's nearly Whit Friday again!! Last year was soooo much fun, there's no way I'm ever going to miss another one! :biggrin:
  8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Oooh! Think I'm gonna sign up....and hopefully not have to pull out like I have for the last 2 years! Might even make a week of it and visit some old friends oop north :D
  9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Mark who normally pushes Stan's wheelchair is recovering from a nasty car accident and won't be able to do the honours this year. Is anyone bringing an extremely strong partner, accomplice etc? basically is anyone willing to volunteer to push Stan and the Bass?
  10. So whos staying the night and where abouts (travelodge hotel?), anyone got any idea of times/where coach is picking up etc :p

11. Roger Thorne

Hi Matt,

We've still not finalised anything at the moment, but will hopefully post details very soon.

12. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Hello All!
    I'm a newbie here on tMP.
    I'm hoping to take part in tMP Whit Friday March; only i have to buy a horn first!
    Hoping to get one in the next few weeks though and should be up to scratch by the time Whit Friday comes round.
    I live in Oldham so if you need any local information I'll be very happy to help.
    On the hotel front I can recommend the Holiday Inn Central Park which is about five miles away from the former Pennine Way. The Menzies Avant Hotel also do discount rates on hotel rooms for group bookings. Travel lodge and premier travel inns are also good round here although I probably wouldn't recommend anyone to eat in the Whitegate as someone I know recently had a cockroach sandwich in there!
    Bye for now,
  13. Roger Thorne

First of all can I thank everyone for offering suggestions for our accommodation - much appreciated. :tup

We have now managed to find a suitable hotel in Oldham which is able to accommodate us (about 50 rooms still available as of today) that can offer a suitable rehearsal facility and has a very late bar!! - so we can now proceed and book our hotel rooms.

Swallow Bower Hotel

Direct Line to Hotel: 0161 6827254.

If anyone would like to share a room to help with the cost can I suggest that you post your request in this thread.
    Also, with only 50 or so rooms available we advise that you book your room as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Edit: Due to some people having problems booking through the link that we supplied we have now removed that link and suggest you book direct through the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

14. HelenPlaysBaritone

HelenPlaysBaritone New Member

Accommodation and lift

Hello all.

I'm looking to share a room with another lady. I'm also looking to help someone from County Durham out with their petrol costs in return for a lift there and back.

Please PM if interested.

See you there.

15. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Hi Helen,

can't help with the room but we can give you a lift

16. Lisa

Lisa Member

I have just booked a room - how exciting! :)

The lady on the phone asked if I was attending a function so I said I was attending the mouthpiece brass band thing...she didn't seem to know what I was on about so I hope I phoned the right hotel! :-?
  17. Di

Di Active Member

If it's any consolation, I got asked the same question and said I was part of the tMP band entering the Whit Friday marches and she just said "ah right". Sooo if you're not in the right hotel, you're not alone. ;)

I thought she may know about it since Roger had phoned up to check the number of rooms, but perhaps he spoke to a different person to us.
  18. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Anyone looking to share a room?
  19. weez

weez Member

hmmmm.. I'm already sharing with someone.. boo! :)
  20. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Is there room for a small one ;)

I doubt I will be in any room for long if the bar is open !