tMP Website of the Month - discussion

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by DublinBass, May 2, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I don't know that I'm thrilled about the throwing the names in a hat rule.

Why not just take the first 5 nominees that are seconded (or thirded or fourthed?), or draw five out of the first ten that are seconded. It just seems unfair that somebody could diligently nominate and get seconded a website month after month and not get in the poll.

2. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

so... it has to be a brass band website?
    xx

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

No, not necessarily senevhelz... you can nominate your choice of site that you feel is deserved of the tMP WoM award...:)

Go for it.

4. alks

alks Member

Why do i have to sit out a month before i can re -nominate our bands website? this time it didnt make the random draw for the final five sites , although it was seconded. It seams you get double the punishment. Not only do you miss out in the draw for the final 5 sites but you also have to sit out a whole month before you can re-nominate again.

5. Di

Di Active Member

If you read the line carefully:

You can nominate your own web site, but you must sit out a month before you can nominate it again.

Now, there is nothing to stop someone else nominating your site, providing they are not affiliated with the band. ;)

6. csband_webmaster

csband_webmaster New Member

would a server that is offline between 10pm to 8am weekdays and 11pm to 10am still be accepted because my web server is offline during those periods of time. is that a problem

we are looking to move to another server soon but for now thats how it is and im not sure wherther it would be ok

7. Di

Di Active Member

• If your web site is selected for the final vote, it MUST be operational. If your site or server is not running at the time the poll is set, then an alternate site will take its place. There will be no exceptions to this rule.

In keeping with the above rule, at this stage, we'd have to say we couldn't accept the nomination. However, do keep working on the site (I see there is still some construction to do) and if you are looking for a new server, try getting in touch with our John (theMusicMan) for tMP web hosting.;)

8. csband_webmaster

I have sorted our downtime now and it is now online 24/7 :) :clap:

9. csband_webmaster

is it just people affilated with the site or the band that can second a vote

10. Di

Di Active Member

Well done, and I see you've nominated it for the WoM again too. :clap:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP Website
    website month
    thirded
    Month - discussion
    names
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If the nomination comes from someone within the band set-up, then the seconder must be someone with no affiliaton to the band or site.

13. andreab

andreab Member

Is the WoM winner announced anywhere, or do you just have to look at the poll at the end of the month?

14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

It will be announced soon...