tMP very slow?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Brian Bowen, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Am I the only one finding tMP painfully slow for the past few hours? After clicking on a subject, it takes several seconds for the image to appear on screen.

(I have high-speed fibre-optic broadband service.)

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's ok for me Brian - but we'll look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Brian

Yes, there is an issue at the moment, and it is with the delivery of Google and AuctionAd adverts - which, while my server waits for their code to be fetched from the google and auctionad servers - hangs the tMP page that you are watching.

I am investigating this and hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

I am also considering installing some code which turns off adverts (if requested by the user) for tMP Supporters. Would help when these issues arise, and might help add some revenue to the ever growing costs of keeping tMP up and running - which incidentally are all still entirely funded by me :)

4. hannahone

hannahone New Member

My connection seems very slow too today! Frustrating, but you cant wait too long for excellence!!!!!

5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Mine's varying, sometimes it loads at the speed of light but others i can go and get a drink and it's still not loaded