tMP to be off for 2 minutes 'silence' at 11am

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

To honour the national silence on Armistice Day, the tMP Forums will be shut down for two minutes.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    silence
    Armistice Day
    tMP Forums
    national silence
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The 2 minutes silence was well observed im my office.

4. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

The year 7 class that I was teaching were superb.

5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

We had one in french.

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

And I thought a 'silence' was the same in every language. ;)

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Bl00dy disgusted at work, very few stopped for the 2 miniuets silence. i think it was just 6 out of a total of 42 employees, in fact 2 people were told to shut the ****up as they were laughing and joking. absolutely shocked!

8. I did it at home all by myself lol

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

So did I, watched it on TV and when the silence was up, 'someone' in the Village played the Last Post!

10. Someone? obviously.... lol

11. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

we had one in school, however alot of people in the common room didnt know that when the bell went it was for a 2min silence, so carried on chatting, until 1 teacher pointed out to them it was the 2min silence. then the whole of the common room was deadly silent!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    silence
    Armistice Day
    tMP Forums
    national silence
  13. BOB_

BOB_ Member

my collage woulnt arrange a silence dispite our small but loud protests so we had our own mini one :(

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That's disgraceful :mad:

Well done for staging your own anyway :clap::clap::clap:

DaveR

15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Eh? Sorry Im thick and its friday afternoon...

16. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

Mine too! I think people have so little respect for it nowadays and yet they were all content to be silent for two minutes for the psunami victims and the london bombing victims, what's so different about being silent for the war dead? Makes me MAD :mad:

17. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

We always observe silences at my place of work. Generally, I think this is a good thing, and observing the silence on November 11th is definitely a good thing.

DaveR

18. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My group at college observed a two minutes silence :D we were doing group presentations on various educationalists at the time and we stopped halfway through a riviting slide show of fredrich froebel! We had planned to stop though whatever was happening at 11 oclock :D

19. Di

Di Active Member

We did the 2 minutes at work, all except one lady who kept typing away for the first 3/4 minute before she finally felt the daggers being launched her way and gave up.

2 mins Fi? Bet that was EASY PEASY after last week! ;)

20. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

our school had an assembly about it which ran into the two mintue silence. It was great I thought.

21. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Our place always recognises the 2 minutes silence, it also collects money for Poppies in the reception.

22. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Beautifully observed two minute silence at work today. We had one last week too as one of our employees lost his fight with cancer.