tMP - the way forward and some changes

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 25, 2008.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[IMGLEFT][/IMGLEFT]tMP - the way forward and some changes

A few months ago there were plentiful and extremely interesting discussions regarding how we could/should plan on moving tMP forward etc. and I asked for ideas, suggestions and your thoughts on how we could do this. Well, for those who are interested, just to let you know that we have a meeting planned for Saturday 5th July, where we will be making some critical decisions about how we move tMP forward, and what we can do to further improve tMP.

We will have a few new exciting features on offer and believe me - we have taken your comments on board. We'll do as much as we can to try to please as many people as we can, but of course it is inevitable that not everyone will agree and some of the changes may not be seen in the same positive manner by everyone. Please bear with us though as we do all we can to ensure tMP continues to provide an entertaining and interesting forum platform where everybody's views and opinions are important and do matter, and can be aired without fear of recrimination or offence.

Just as a taster and summary though, here's some items I have already decided upon;
    • We will have a single style - it might be the default vB style, or a fresh new style
    • We will be reinstating the fun@tMP area
    • tMP will remain free - as ever - but we will be looking at ways to cover my ever increasing costs such as subscribe to tMP to then not show certain ads
    • tMP will remain a family friendly forum, and we will be producing a summarised list of rules and policies
    • We will not tolerate troublemakers, full stop
    These are just a few of the items we'll be discussing at our meeting, and of course following the meeting we will be making further detailed announcements about any changes.

Finally, when the time comes, please be aware that there may be some interruptions to regular service as we make and implement the changes. I will of course, make announcements about any off-line time (if there is to be any) closer to the date.

Thanks all for your continued support and use of tMP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

mmmm I await the outcome with interest, excitement and a little trepidation.
  3. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

"We will have a single style - it might be the default vB style, or a fresh new style"

I Can imagine that will make it ALOT easier to maintain. Think this site is always moving forward i'll look forward to seeing these new changes, i'm sure it will still be a fantastic home to many of us while using the internet!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in.
  4. TheMusicMan

You're welcome Liam... and you are totally correct in your comment that having a single style will make tMP a lot easier to maintain. Thanks for your reply... we'll try to keep things moving forward.
  5. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Ive made many single style boards over the past for several people, if you feel its getting to much for one, send me a PM and ide love to give a hand. I know how stressful it is.
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Given the time (and I'm sure behind the behind the scenes dialogue) leading to these policies, I hope people are appreciative of all your efforts.

Everything ou have decided makes sense and should keep things running smoothly.
  7. marchris6047

marchris6047 Member

The site is already an asset to the banding community and beyond, and So any Improvements can only make it more so..!!

Keep up the good work :)
  8. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Cant wait to find out!!
  9. TheMusicMan

UPDATE: Just to remind peeps that there may very well be some disruption to normal service later today... :) Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
  10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Nothing to do with Daleks i hope!!!!:eek:;)
  11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

My interpretation skills may be a little rusty, but I think that says, '' I am a brain dead spammer with no life.''
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

My Phd in Far Eastern studies says that you are right Rapier....

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

For anybody reading the last two posts, please ignore them they were pertinent at the time of going to press. ;)
  14. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Having signed up to the site in early 2003 it took me a long time to become a hands on contributor,its now on my favourites list,i check it out everyday and find it good fun to contribute. Some of the disscusion is heated!!!! but its all part of the enjoyment.I dont always agree with the Admin views but i must say you generally do a great job. The site is always going forward in my opinion and im sure the changes that are on the way will make things even better Many Thanks Tubbytuba
  15. TheMusicMan

Thanks Tubbytuba... always good to get feedback. What is it that I do that you don't agree with...? Feel free to post here or in PM if preferred.
  16. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

I think you've honestly got an excellent service here... but maybe more could be done to stop quite a few threads becoming a verbal fight between posters.

There are some very nice people on tMP, but also some people who just want to pick a fight with other users.
  17. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Some members think ther's too much moderation
    Some members think there isn't enough of it
    We just try to find the balance...
  18. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

I think you're doing a good job... Just some people will resist any moderation....
  19. TheMusicMan

Yup, some indeed do. Takes all sorts I guess.
  20. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

John has always been my hero. This is the best interactive forum for bands on the web. I hope you don't ind a bit of open-mouthed adulation, John. :roll: