TMP Stats - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Accidental, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Ok, its late and I'm bored....

I've been trying to figure out some stats, like how many posts you need to go up to the next "rank" (I figured out 100 = friend then got stuck!), who was the quickest to get to each rank, and how fast the membership is growing.

:dunno Being blonde and a bit thick at maths, I didn't get very far! Can anyone help?!
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

There you go - that should give you the info you need for rankings... :) and as for membership growth.. well, we have grown from none to 1200+ in just 11 months. A recent surge in members stemmed from a fab article by the gents over at

A better measure of useage though I feel is page requests. This has gone through the roof and has recently exceeded 240,000 page requests per month. Last week we averaged 11,000 page requests each day :shock:

Hope this helps... :)
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

An interesting statistic if you are thinking of advertising on the forum!
    Contact The Music Man for more details.

4. Accidental

8) Thanks Guys!
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The rate at which people move up to the next rank is really quite irrelevant, as people make all sorts of different postings. Someone involved in the Banders' Story or Tune Association threads may well be posting ten or more times as day on those threads alone, whereas other people may be making one or two carefully thought-out contributions every now and then.

Both contribute to the success and interest of the forum, but we don't want to get caught up in silly exercises just aimed at boosting one another's post count.
  6. Accidental

Was just curious, sorry. :(