tMP social in London

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Sep 14, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Not to be outdone by the Manchestarians (I don't really know the proper term). I thought we ought to have a tMP social in London the night of the BAYV concert at regent hall (October 15th). All that are inLondon or coming in for nationals the next day could attend!!

The concert starts at 7:30, so a social could start at about 8:30 and those that go to the concert could join at about 9:30.

Any suggestions for a good place to meet by Regent Hall? (It's been a while, but I think that's by the Oxford Circus tube stop, no?)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    concert
    London
    All
    term
    social
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Isn't it "Mancunians" (correct me if I'm wrong...)

4. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Isn't it Northerners?

5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Not from where I'm standing!!!

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'll be there on the Friday, and hope to see folk during the afternoon & evening, but I won't be able to stay into the evening.

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah but to you lot down there doesn't that apply to anyone north of Watford Gap Services?

8. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I can't get to the BAYV gig that night as will be working till 20:00 , but if you london tMPers fancy a post-concert pint or 6 my local is about 5 minutes walk from Regent Hall - it's called "The King and Queen" , on the corner of Foley and Cleveland Streets (just behind the Middlesex Hospital ) .I'm in there every night and will be easily recognised - I look just like my avatar , but fatter and less good looking!

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And anyone around in London who knows me, (or who doesn't but would like the opportunity to give me a hard time for all the rubbish I post on here....)might wish to come to my leaving do, before I move to the Isle of Arran (The Champion, Eastcastle St, London W1) which goes on all day on the 16th (so those not going to the gala concert, can come along and wish me 'good riddance'

No, not a great day to hold it with the Nats on at the RAH, but it was the best option available!

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

Can't make the friday! But I'm at the Nationals, so give us a wave! :)

11. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Objection, it is anyone north of the M25, unless you live south of the River Thames, and then I become a northerner as I live on the posh banks of said river

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    concert
    London
    All
    term
    social
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

So True! :)

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'll look for (based on the description) Old Elvis at the "King and Queen" with any other tMPers who care to join.

15. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

I actually have nothing to offer on this thread, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see if the term for someone from Liverpool, "Liverpudlian", would make it through the aggressive tMP content filter.

-Lothian

16. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

liverpool people (me almost) are scousers or liverpudlians and manchester people (half me) is mancunians, as a big road in manchester is called mancunian way.

i live inbetween the two, but as some people who know my voice will say im quite scouse.

EDIT - i do apologise for hijakcing your thread. :)

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I always thought the road was named after the people rather than the other way round... anyway, probably wont make this one either as I'm not going to the finals and I can't afford London beer prices...