tMP so slow!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Rapier, Mar 13, 2005.

1. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

sorry to bring this up again but i'm not only finding tmp slow, it's slowing up the rest of my comp. this is probably more to do with my comp than the site, but how do i check that i'm on the simplest style? i'm assuming simplicity = more speed :)
    thankyou
    xx

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Most people seem to find the style called "Clean" is the fastest: go to the bottom of the page and at the left hand side you'll see a box with the various options. Set it to "clean" there nd give it a go. If it is the fastest, you can set this as your usual setting in User CP.

3. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

aw, it's not as pretty :p i'll try it for a bit though ^_^
    thankyou lots.
    xx

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Forum slowed to snail's pace again now. What have you tinkered with?

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

As John is currently in the air between London and Madrid, I'd say it was unlikely he'd "tinkered" with anything! :)

I have no problems here - even on the dodgy super-narrow band connection I have to put up with at work. Maybe it's a problem with your ISP?

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I don't have any problems either.
    But the traffic on the sight was very high yesterday (I wonder why that was ;) ), so maybe that has slowed the server a bit.

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Been very slow to load posts for a few days now. 10 seconds or so of blue screen, before they open.

8. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

It's very quick today whilst at work but at home it has been a little slow.

9. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Thought it was me! - Glad it's not only my pc that is affected. :D

10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

An Internet speedcheck can be done here http://speedtester.bt.com/ (other speedcheckers are available :) )

I'm running XP/Firefox/tMp Clean and, at the moment, a new page loads in under 2 seconds.