tMP so slow!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Rapier, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Why is tMP the slowest website I ever log into? It takes forever to open any threads clicked on and is the slowest Forum I use.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    pics
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

hmmm no probs here.
    im a member of a few forms, and dont seem to have any problems on any of them, but there again, im on 1 mb broadband
    what connection do you have to the net?

4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Which style are you using? When I used tmp 3.03 it was slow but I'm on clean-full screen now and its fine.

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Its pretty slow for me 2, sometimes takes 30-60 secs to load up, Im on dial-up, but other band forums come up alot quicker for some reason, have switched onto the clean full screen version, which is alittle faster but not by much tho!

Dont know when broadband is going to be available for my area, but then again cant get Free View or CH5 here either, so not much hope in the technology front!! :confused:

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Flies for me... no current server issues, no performance issues... all is OK here. We had a server outage last night but apart from that no issues at all. Have you checked your PC for virus's or spyware or maybe you need to upgrade from that 286...:biggrin:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

It is incredibly slow on IE -- only ever got quick on Firefox...

8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Just experimented with firefox and I find Ben's assessment spot on - miles quicker than using an IE based browser. (I usually use the BTYahoo one)

9. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

I have to say, it is really slow for me.
    I have broadband, virus checkers, spywear, ad aware everything aware. Even underwear. My computer is fast up to date, and clean.
    Any ideas?

10. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

i use firefox on broadband and it's sometimes still slow - but nothing compared to greenalls' website (in my sig... i don't advise you click it)
    sorry to john who made our site but it is extremely slow!
    xx

11. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I'm on broadband and Firefox and also find it slow from time to time, like right now!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    pics
  13. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Thats just because you live across the water and its to travel umpteen thousand miles to reach you Brian!! ;)

14. TheMusicMan

Thing is.. the tMP Server is actually located closer to Brian than it is to us!!!!!

15. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

OOPS!!! :oops:

LOL :D

16. TheMusicMan

As a just-in-case... I will submit a support ticket to our webhosts asking if they might look into possible slow performance issues.

Still flying here at the moment though.

17. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well admittedly I'm on dial up, as Broadband is not available here, but 4barsrest opens in seconds as do most sites I visit, but tMP can take upto a minute and never less than 20 seconds to open a page.

18. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

That post took 45 seconds!

19. TheMusicMan

Hmmm, this is worrying. Rapier, Can you please try loading a page by using the Default or Clean templates and see if that makes any difference. Let me know yeah... ta!

20. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Its always been slow since I joined last year, have just got used to it, I end up just having 2 or 3 windows open, read 1 when the other window loads up, but other sites are alot quicker. Have just put it down that the site was set up for mainly broadband use, or does that not matter?

21. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I AM using it on Clean-full screen.

22. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Could some of the slowness be caused by the adverts, particularly those originating from google? I notice that some pages partially load (albeit slowly) but need still longer to fully appear. At this very moment, the whole process is dreadfully slow (and, as previously mentioned, I'm using broadband and Firefox).