tMP slumps

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Sep 23, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Has anybody else every gone through a tMP slump? Is it something that happens or is there an easy cure?

Example: Last night when I was on tMP I noticed that even though I had been checking it religously every night and morning I only found one thing to post about in the past week.

Tonight, all of the sudden, I have found a half dozen or so (so far), posts to reply to.

Was I just tired at work? Was the Open and Harrogate contests just not appealing to me? or are there just slumps poster go through?
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

A tmp slump!!!! dude, are you not well? do you need a doctor? Can you hear me! Is there a firts aider in the house? hurry this man needs urgent attenion!

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm a pharmasist's assistant!! Will I do!? :p
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I'm not sure L'il Dude, it sounds reall serious. hope its not contagus:shock:
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm not wanted

6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Sure you are bunnyboy ;)
  7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Just not to dipense drugs ;)
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Too late in the evening to work out if this is sarcastic :cry:
  9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmm... sorry to jump in here - I am concerned about the quote function not working properly still.

Pls ignore this....:)
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wow! Just noticed the 2 types of quote :) :-D
  11. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I think you can only post about things that seem interesting to you. If its not important you wont post so theres bound to be highs and lows of posting. Unless your 2nd man down in which case you create topics and post anyway.
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

if you're 2md, nothing applies to you!!
  13. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

although having said that sometimes he says inciteful and thought provoking things that have meaning far beyond the realms of just tmp. Not often but between virtual charades and beer hes quite understandable.
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

sometimes it does seem like everyone's talking about cornets and horns and I realise I haven't got a clue what they're talking about.... but if you're ever really stuck, I find the odd thread about Jaffa Cakes, or perhaps Lemon Drizzle cake, can fill a void...
  15. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Tune Association and Person Before threads are slump-breakers for me.
  16. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

tMP slump: (n)
    1. loss of conciousness due to 24+ hours of continuous tMP activity

2. sudden weight increase due to muscle relaxation caused by continued tMP usage and lack of extra-curricular excercise (cf real life)

1. Wow, after 32 hours on the Tune-Association thread, I had a real tMP slump and woke up with keyboard marks on my face....

2. It's not fat, honest! I've just had a wee bit of a tmp-slump....
  17. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

BOC! ;)
  18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I go through tmp slumps every day...right in the bits where i have to drive from work to home!! :D
  19. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My name is Mike and I have a confession to make....

I've just had a 2-day slump!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

*breaks down and is sedated by a nurse - NOT bunnyboy;) *

Can you help me? Please!??
  20. rutty

rutty Active Member

I hate to tell you all this, but I've discovered that there's more to life then surfing the internet all day and playing in a Brass Band ;)

I've had a few periods (lasting a few weeks) where I've not been around here much. It's not because I don't like this place (I love it, really) but there's just something else to do. Sometimes that involves going outside!

I recommend a healthy dose of outside air everyday - it'll make all the difference :)