TMP Scratch Band

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Steve, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Dont know if its been mentioned before but has TMP ever entered a contest??? I keep hearing of scratch bands entering local contests where there are no registry rules (not all brass band contests I dont think) and wondered if anyone had thought of doing one through this site. Do you think it would get tricky when you have to start auditioning or when people come from all over the place for the rehearsals!?!?!? Anyone got any views on this?
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Steve,

The band appeared on the Whit Friday March circuit conducted by David Lancaster and also played, although not competitively, at the Easingwold March Contest. On this occassion the band was conducted by John Burns.

3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

at the whits we didn't do too badly either, got 6th was it, or 16th or something like that, was a good night. thanks david and everyone etc...

saw david L today. looking good!
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Or was it 12th? :?
  5. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Twas 13th at Scoutshead I think, right at the end of the night :!:
  6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Thanks Neil - good to see you too. And Aimie, Sparkly and a distant Leisa.

Looking good? Moi? Well I guess most things from Wigan look good in St Helens. Sorry. 8)

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

And what fun it all was to...... already looking forward to next year.
    If we are doing it again
  8. strongbow

strongbow Member

During the year we have several charity concerts in Glossop Bandroom. The main ones being the All Star Band on 28th December and the No Stars Band on the 4th January.

:?: I wondered whether or not someone would like to organise a tMP charity band on 25th July 2004?

9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Hope so I had a great time
  10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

That sounds like a great idea! Over to the mighty mods for a decision methinks!

Rach x
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just to say that we have picked up on the offer, and it's under discussion - further news soon :!:
  12. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Cool.....!!! :p :wink: Shall keep my eye out considering I have to miss C in N :cry: