tMP Regional Prediction Competition 2007

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Deltabrass

Deltabrass Member

oops, put my predicitons in the wrong place, you'll have to excuse me, I'm a simple trombone player!

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

No probs... we understand how difficult being a trombone player can be Chris... keep taking those pills sir :)

3. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

When will the Current Standings be updated following the Yorkshire results?

(Curious) Igg

4. TheMusicMan

Just need to see when our resident teckie can do this for us. Bear with us here please yeah, it's a lot of work, honestly :)

5. TheMusicMan

There you go... the placings of tMP'ers have now been uploaded following the Yorkshire Regional last weekend.

Well done rimshot for your current 1st place... I wonder how long that will last then. Nice to see Mr Morrison in the top ten too :)

Me... phah... I am being beaten by Di - grrrrrrr

6. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Thanks for this - even though I am doing poop in the predictions!

Igg

7. Di

Di Active Member

What!?!? Man can't handle being beaten by a woman? Ha! You'll just have to deal with it. It ain't the first time and I certainly ain't planning on it being the last. ;)

* evil laugh * mwhahahahahahahahah */evil laugh * :rolleyes:

Keep on predicting away folks, there's plenty more to do still. :)

8. rodeband

rodeband New Member

Last minute predictions

North West Area

Heard Wire Brass last week play and think they could do the 'impossible' and get a top 3 placing in their first Championship section outing.

Championship

1. Fodens
    2. Leyland
    3 Wire Brass

Rode Hall are almost certain to come in the top 3 (provided they dont 'crack' on stage!). They entered last year for the first time since they were founded in 1837 and came 21st, but this year they have 6 good new players and rehearsals have gone extremely well. Tuition from Roy Sparkes, Steve Pritchard-Jones and Ewan Easton has helped just a little !!!

4th Section

1. Formby
    2. Eatons Farnworth
    3. Rode Hall Silver

9. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I'd tentatively go along with this prediction. It would be a great result for Wire but I think they could do it! And Fodens are my all time favourite band, hopefully our performances don't clash!!

10. Good luck to all bands in the contest, however, I detect a total disrespect for all competing bands in this post.

The fourth section will not be a walkover for any band as the piece will need a lot of musicality bringing out from within. This said, there are a lot of very good bands in this section that are well within a shout of getting a spot on the 'podium'.

11. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

An update on the rankings would be nice before we go into the final weekend .......

12. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

When will it update

I have just been on the 2007 predictions competition and have noticed that it still only reads the results after 1 region.

When will it update

13. Bradderz!!!

Bradderz!!! New Member

Current Standings ever gonna get updated??!!?!?!?!!??!?

14. Di

Di Active Member

A list of results have been compiled and passed on to our gizmatron wizard. As you will appreciate, there are a lot of results involved here and our techno expert is going through a very busy period. Please be patient and bear with us. The standings will be updated as soon as is humanly (or wizardly :rolleyes: ) possible.

15. Di

Di Active Member

Thank you for being patient with us folks and a big thank you to all those who took part .... a staggering 587 of you made predictions in some or all of the sections.

The results are now in and can be found here.

Our top scorer, with 189 points, a 3 point lead, and earning himself a "Crusade" CD - BB Waldsang with guest soloist Brett Baker (kindly donated by Lake Music Productions) is

Andy_Euph. :clap:

Congratulations Andy.

Joint second places (and sorry, no prizes here :( ) went to Dyl and MICKTHEEUPH with 186 points.

For the rest of the results, follow the link given above.

16. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Robbed again. I would like to complain about the input mechanism, the timing of the regionals, Alliance withdrawing, the computer accepting my inputs rather than my intentions, the use of very tall adjudicators in L&SC, and the tuning of the basses in the fourth section in Yorkshire! (Have I missed anything?) :rolleyes:

(Of course, Andy_Euph getting 67 more points might have been a factor too.)

17. TheMusicMan

... but did you enjoy it?

Also - we are currently expanding the tMP predictogizmotron which will hopefully allow us to cover many more contests throughout the year. Good..?

18. AlanD

AlanD Member

Fab, I really enjoyed the predictogizmotron. Bring on the next one!!!

19. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

:clap: I have had a great idea. :clap:
    All of the area contests should be on different days but all sections on one day. I will 'train' (ha ha!) as an adjudicator, turn my hearing aid off and offer my services for free to all area committees to adjudicate all sections. I will then be able to ensure that my predictions are correct particularly as one of my conditions will be to disallow any band withdrawals.

Obviously if my predictions were available to all before the contest, then all bands who knew they wouldn't be in the prizes could use Will the Sec's letter as published in 4 bars rest to express their 'I wuz robbed' sentiments before the contest and raise loads of money for "Will Anticipatory Whinges Limited" (split the profits Will?).

I don't know why this hasn't been thought of before?

20. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Oh bum - just out side the top one hundred Quite pleased with that though, The Welsh really came through for me as did the Northern area. One region I know nothing about (Wales) and the other is my home region...go figure?!!.

Also how come I'm beneath Roger just because his name comes before mine alphabetically ;) !!