tMP Regional Prediction Competition 2007

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 25, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[imgleft]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/tmp_news_icon.gif[/imgleft] tMP Regional Prediction Competition 2007

It's prediction time once again, the area qualifiers are getting close, and the tMP Predictogizmatron has been fed with all the details of competing bands. All we would like you to do is choose your top 3 in each section. Simple.

For those of you who have not been lucky enough to be inflicted with this before, clicking on the link at the very top of the page will bring you to the Predictions Contest page, where you choose your bands. It's as simple as that.

Well, each section in each area will have 15 points. For every successful prediction, you will score 5 points. Furthermore, if you predict a band in the top 3, but out of position, you score 2 points.

The lucky tMPer with the most points will be declared the winner, and be the object of awe from all other tMPers.

Have fun.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    imgleft
    tMP Predictogizmatron
    tMP Regional Prediction Competition
    prediction time
  3. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

Predictions for the West Of England Regionals:

Championship Section;

1. Polysteel
    2. Camborne
    3. Mt. Charles

1st Section;

1. Bodmin
    2. St Dennis
    3. Hyde

2nd Section;

1. Ocean Brass
    2. Michelmarsh Silver
    3. Bristol East

3rd Section;

1. Camborne B
    2. Heyl Town
    3. Verwood

4th Section;

1. Wincanton
    2. Pendennis
    3. Bream

4. TheMusicMan

Errrm ophicliede - can you see the link at the top of the page called "tMP Regional Predictions 07" - that's where you enter your votes!!!

5. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Entered my Yorkshire ones, and started on Midlands but then it came up with a "no user name" error when I tried to enter Midland 1st section. The others all seemed to go through fine & definitely recognised who I was.

p.s. wasn't me who put Imps as 1st in Yorkshire, but is a nice thought !!

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

John, there are a number of sections/regions where I have absolutely no idea who most of the bands are and pick based upon the best sounding band names.. but would it be possible to create a lucky dip button that automatically selects three at random for a number of sections/areas?

Perhaps a thought for future prediction competitions. Looking forward to inputting my predictions...

7. TheMusicMan

Maybe for future revisions Tim, but sorry - but we are not able to do this for the current contest.

8. timbloke

timbloke Member

No worries, just me being lazy I guess!

Also I've just noticed that the Page Titles for the "Live Stats" and "Current Standings" refer to 2006 and 2005 contests respectively.

9. Texus

Texus Member

Fantastic way to waste time at work - thanks!!

10. ronnie_the_lizard

Live stats working fine for me.

'Current standings' is supposed to reflect results so far, so isn't applicable till next week.

Oh, & rather than a 'lucky dip', why don't you go through an in depth, detailed analysis of the results of last years regional / national contests, pontins, butlins etc etc when choosing the unfamiliar region / section results like everyone else does..... ;)

11. timbloke

timbloke Member

I meant the page title simply said "2006" not "2007", which could be confusing, but based on the bands listed I guessed it was the 2007 details.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    imgleft
    tMP Predictogizmatron
    tMP Regional Prediction Competition
    prediction time
  13. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Well that was a great way to pass an hour or so of a Monday morning!!

A lot of wild guess work on the regions less familiar to me and so many bands i have never heard of although it is quite encouraging for the movement to see so many bands competing this year!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

14. ronnie_the_lizard

I see Grange Moor already have a few nominations fopr placings in Yorkshire 1st section - interesting because the official tMP yorkshire area thread lists them as WITHDRAWN :(

15. yes ive also had that error msg come up and im really struggling to get it working properly, hope you guys in charge of it get chance to sort it out coz it aint long before the contest now

16. London & Southern CountiesChampionshipRedbridge BrassAveley & NewhamAlliance BrassLondon & Southern Counties1stIpswich & Norwich Co-opJersey Premier BrassSandhurst SilverLondon & Southern Counties2ndNorfolk Wherry BrassWare BrassGrimsdyke BrassLondon & Southern Counties3rdThundersley BrassFulhamWoodbridge ExcelsiorLondon & Southern Counties4thChalgroveWatfordPangbourne & District SilverMidlandsChampionshipDesford CollieryRansomeRaunds TemperanceMidlands1stGlossop OldBrackley & DistrictTintwistleMidlands2ndCarlton BrassPhoenix West Midlands BrassUnity BrassMidlands3rdAudley BrassKirkby Colliery WelfareLeicestershire Co-opMidlands4thRatby Co-operative MidCroft SilverAmingtonNorth of EnglandChampionshipReg VardyFishburnEYMSNorth of England1stCottinghamLockwood BrassShepherd GroupNorth of England2ndEast Riding of YorkshireYork Railway InstituteFerryhill TownNorth of England3rdFive Rivers BrassStape SilverBarrow ConcertNorth of England4thBearpark & Esh CollieryKirkby LonsdaleSouth Milford BrassNorthwestChampionshipFoden's RichardsonFaireyLeylandNorthwest1stTimperleyBesses o' th' BarnUnited Co-op (Crewe) Northwest2ndOld Hall BrassRainfordStalybridge OldNorthwest3rdPemberton Old Wigan JJB 'B'Oldham (Lees)MiddletonNorthwest4thLostock Hall MemorialEccles BoroughLittleborough PublicScotlandChampionshipScottish Co-op BandWhitburnKirkintillochScotland1stBo'ness & CarridenJohnstone BandCity of Discovery BrassScotland2ndJedforest InstrumentalSelkirk SilverKilmarnock Concert BrassScotland3rdMacTaggart ScottDunfermline TownCampbeltown BrassScotland4thDundee Instrumental (St Margaret's)Queensferry Community Brass BandBrass Sounds InverclydeWalesChampionshipBuy As You ViewTredegarBurry Port TownWales1stMarkham & DistrictAmmanford SilverNorthop SilverWales2ndNewtown SilverNewbridge (Celynen)Royal BuckleyWales3rdSevern TunnelGoodwick BrassHarlech SilverWales4thCrosskeys SilverNewport BoroughPontypool BrassWest of EnglandChampionshipPolySteelMount CharlesSWT WoodfallsWest of England1stChalfordLympstone South West TelecomsSwindon Pegasus BrassWest of England2ndOcean BrassGillingham Imperial SilverSoundhouse BrassWest of England3rdVerwood Concert BrassA W Parker (Drybrook)Pillowell SilverWest of England4thShanklin Town Brass (IoW)Bream SilverNew Forest BrassYorkshireChampionshipGrimethorpe CollieryBlack DykeBrighouse & RastrickYorkshire1stPennine BrassInnovate SkelmanthorpeStocksbridgeYorkshire2ndKippaxMeltham & Meltham MillsWetherby & District Silver Yorkshire3rdDodworth Colliery M.W. Garforth BrassHuddersfield & Ripponden Yorkshire4thCrofton Silver Innovate Skelmanthorpe 'B' Lofthouse 2000

heres all my predictions, now I need to ask the good people of the areas where I have no idea about at all if you think ive done pretty fair guesses or if you think im bonkers and some of those bands are unlikely to come in the top 3, this is directed to the people who have good knowledge of all the areas bar yorkshire pretty much, should be pretty close there, although I dont think im too far wrong with the north west, your opinions are appreciated as I really would like to know what you think of these predictions, CHEERS! :D

17. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Yep, a number of people have commented on how tough a competition the Yorkshire 1st Section's going to be - it's so tough that band's that aren't even competing have got a chance of a place ;) .

Even better is they've got more votes than BBSBB - not much chance for us then.

Also is someone who generates the spreadsheet for the competition a Predictogizmatronicologist?

and how long before Clive ^ gets an interesting comment from John or Dyl? I can't wait to read what they have to say to that one.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I also had that message. Exit and go in again and you'll find all your previous entries have saved, and you can carry on.

19. tried six times to put entries in also tried to exit but continue to get error message

20. Di

Di Active Member

Grange Moor have now been removed from the list. Thanks all for pointing it out. ;)

The error messages and been reported and we are doing our best to resolve the issue. Please bear with us, and don't give up. ;)

21. MattB

MattB Member

Hey Clive, thanks for predicting us third! I'm hoping for a top six finish, rehearsals going very well, but I'd take third I guess!

Will post my predictions when I get a min, or when it's working properly!

Matt.

22. Deltabrass

Deltabrass Member

NW Area Predictions

I haven't really got a clue but... here is my totally un-informed guess work!

Championship
    1: Fodens Richardson
    2: Leyland
    3: Faireys
    Dark horse: Wingates
    1st Section
    1: United Co-op (Crewe)
    2: Besses O' Th' Barn
    3: Timperley
    Dark Horse: Roberts Bakery
    2nd Section
    1: Rainford