tMP Regional Prediction Competition 2006

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

7th! :cool:
    slightly freaky though - on Sunday we drew 7th, came 7th and are now 7th in the grading table! Does that make me very lucky, or unlucky? :lol:

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Luckier than me! :p

3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I merely let you beat me, this time!! :) Well done tho....... :clap:

4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Nice to make it into the top 30 - but hang on: who is that languishing in 494th place? Shurely shome mishtake? D :)

5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Well done guys!

Personally I'm gutted to finish just outside the medals! Flipping adjudicators, how dare they contradict my results just 'cos they've actually heard the bands! :D Ah, well, there's always next year...

Oh and thanks Keppler, that was fun :clap:

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Well, I suppose he can't be expected to be adjudicator and winner of his own contest - that would be very suspicious! ;)

And don't call me shurely :biggrin::oops:

7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I was expecting to see sean connery in there from that comment...
    seeing me on the system is, as usual, the result for forgetting to delete my own random testing data. If I'd come higher up, it would have done wonders for the "pick-by-alphabet" method, and I predict the number of bands with names beginning with A, B, or C would shoot up dramatically!

8. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Thanks for running the competition - I think it actually makes really interesting reading looking at how a random selection of the banding public rate the various bands pre-contest.

Any chance it can be done for e.g. Grand Shield/Senior Cup/Senior Trophy? You could even hold it in stasis until the Open. Would also be nice to do one for all of the National Finals sections later in the year.

Igg

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hi Igg. Our current policy is to run this contest for the Regionals, National Finals (was done last year and the year before I think) and Pontins which are considered to be 'major' contests with all sections being covered, not just the top end of banding. We will however discuss it amongst ourselves to see if it can be used for other contests. Glad you like it!

10. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

ooh wow-ey! only did NW predictions and there were a couplke of hundred below me! woop woop!

11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Getting better at this 140 points this year:clap:

12. rutty

rutty Active Member

Well done again Kepps - nice coding job there. You should do that for a living you know ;)