tMP Regional Prediction Competition 2006

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 26, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Dyl explained 3 posts up that this is due to a technical hitch! ;) :tongue:

2. Yoofman

Yoofman Member

Any news on when the comp is likely to be back, so that I can confirm just how badly I've done already (no correct 1st place predictions from what I remember of my fancied bands in Yorkshire!):(

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

We have a slight technical hitch on the Prediction Competition at the moment folks. We're onto it and will have it back up and runnign as soon as we possibly can. Apologies for the delays...

4. Moy

Moy Active Member

Where's it gone - needed to check to see if we are going to win - ;)

Last time I looked we were down for 2nd - I think.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member

Good luck to all bands competing in the North West Regionals this weekend, especially to Blackley who make their return this year..we'll be there on sunday to cheer you on!
    Also best of British to Boarshurst...hope we'll be seeing you at the finals in september!

6. Moy

Moy Active Member

Is the prediction thingie gonna come back before the Scottish Area - please ??????

7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Seems it's going to be a last minute "pin the tail on the donkey" session before this weekend's areas!

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just to reassure all of you who are suffering withdrawal symptoms, the Regional Prediction Competition will definitely be up and running before the weekend ;)

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

UPDATE: The tMP Predicogizmotron is 100% back up and running - and we are once again fully online with our Regionals '06 prediction competition.

Simply click the link in the top navigation bar. Sorry for any delays.

Enjoy!:)

10. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Is the current standings part not yet active? (I only get an empty page after username and total points).

11. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

what was the winning score last year?

I am on 22 points (I think) after Yorkshire, is that a good start or am I already losing ground on the leaders?

12. Moy

Moy Active Member

Think I have 24 - which for me is an excellent start - better than last time.:clap:

13. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

wooohooooo check me out on 54 points... thats more than i got the whole of last years predictions! :clap:

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

Standings in the tMp BOC competition after round one are as follows...............

1. BBCBass 56
    2. Sellers_Bird 54
    3. matti_raz 42
    4. Superstar_Horn_Player 39
    5. Barb 38
    6. Jessop_Smythe 36
    7. Northants_tuba 36
    8. BOB 35
    9. Livyarker 34
    10. trumpetmaest 34

4barsrest scored 27 if anyone wants to compare themselves to their predicitions, Iwan and co. are currently joint 28th!

BOC on everyone

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  15. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Some big scorers in round one - have they been worn out by a big early effort, or do they have the stamina to carry on through the contest. There's a long way to go yet.

Tune in for round two...

16. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Unfortunatley it is a sign of the times. Cottingham do not have a band that would be able to play Journey at this time and have decided they are unable to attend this year. In my opinion too many people in the Hull area have left banding (or the area) - myself included - in the last couple of years to support 2 Championship section bands and a 2nd section band. We also have a couple of town bands that are non-contesting which include quite a few players from the other 3. After that you have to drive at least 40 minutes to get to another band.

Back to topic (I guess that ^ should be in the North of england thread!!) I forgot all about the Yorkshire areas and needing to do my predictions before it took place:oops: . I've done the rest now - Yorkshire and NofE were the only two I would have any clue about - Oh well - I guess that comes with not playing at the areas this year.

17. staci bird

staci bird New Member

dont worrie the best band in the 4th section WILL win!!!! OBL!

18. staci bird

staci bird New Member

ive done my votein!

19. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

AAAAAAaaaaaagh !

Tuned in nice and early at 8 this morning to put the rest of my predictions in and I'm too late to do this weekend's - seems a bit harsh to close things this early especially since NW is only on tomorrow.

20. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ron, there's an auto shut-off on the predictagizmo just in case we can't be online to close a particular Area's entries in time. Sorry about this, we should probably have mentioned it in the announcement. I'm sure if you send your predictions to keppler via pm he may have a way of adding them in for you?