tMP Real Christmas Card Swap...

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 27, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[imgleft][/imgleft]tMP Christmas Card Swap

Ok, for some Christmas fun here's something we are willing to have a go at this year if there's enough interest from tMP'ers. For those who may wish to send real Christmas cards to others on tMP, we are willing to try out a 'Real Christmas Card Swap' - but as I said, it is only worth doing if there is enough interest.

Everyone taking part receives a Christmas card from everyone else taking part - nice yeah :) Here's how it would work.
    • Add your name to the taking-part list on tMP by sending a PM to Jen aka: merry little horn player by Sunday 3rd December
    • Jen will then get back to you on Sunday evening with the list, instructions and the number involved
    • Purchase your Christmas cards and fill them out as you would normally to those people on the list
    • When you have written out all the cards, you then send them altogether in 1 A4 envelope using snail mail to Jen - aka: Merry Little Horn Player with between £2 to £5 (depending on the number of participants) to cover postage costs (anything left over will be donated to tMP). You need to do this by Sunday 11th December so we can make the Christmas post cut off dates.
    • You must also include a large A4 size self addressed envelope.
    • We collate the cards received, put them into the self addressed envelope provided, then forward them on to each person taking part.
    If you are interested and you DO want to take part in this, then please pm merry little horn player by Sunday 3rd December with the following details:
    • Your tMP Username
    • Your real name
    • Your home address (or where you would like the cards to be delivered)
    • Some blurb - a short paragraph about yourself - this is required to jog peoples memories about who you are, etc
    • Your email address
    Jen will then compile the list and email it out to relevant parties with instructions et al. (minus personal details re address etc).

For any international tMP'ers wanting to take part - of course this a global activity and you are most welcome to take part but please remember you may have to contribute a little more to cover the costs of international postage. Jen will let you all know what you need to send when she sends out the list.

So... PM merry little horn player with your details and we will get back to you if there is enough people willing to take part.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Why the devil not. Sounds like a bit of fun and it'll stick a few extra pennies in the tMP funds. And so long as we give our cards to the Post Office or wherever after Christmas for recycling, we'll still be doing our bit for the environment too. :biggrin:

My PM on its way.
  3. Come on folks sign up, we all love receiving cards……we haven’t enough participants at the moment to make this work. [​IMG] I really don't believe you are all BAA HUMBUGS.
  4. Ok, going to leave it a few more days…come on folks we need at least another 10 participants
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

OK, if you're struggling for numbers then count me in!
  6. TheMusicMan

Th Dave, you need to PM Jen as in merry little horn player.
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Already done! ;)
  8. TheMusicMan

She's sound asleeeeeep.... I can hear the ZZzzzzz's from here :)
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I won't expect a reply just yet then! :biggrin:
  10. TheMusicMan

I fear if I do that to let her know you have PM'ed her, I'd have a few Christmas Cards sent priority post to where the sun don't shine :)
  11. You know me so well dear:wink: