tMP Promotional Calendars for 2005

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 10, 2003.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

tMP Promotional Calendar for 2005

Ok, so I know this is extremely early as we're not even in 2004 yet, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to see this post well in advance of offering the Calendar during the latter part of 2004. I also wanted to try to get opinions on what content might be best for such a calendar :shock: and also if there is any interest in tMP offering such a product.

I am currently talking to several publishing/print companies regarding tMP Promotional Calendars for 2005 who can accommodate a whole range of styles, text, print areas, photographs etc so... starting to think of this now gives me plenty of time to get your opinions and to get things right. Unlike all the other items on offer in tMP e-Shop, though these can obviously be sold on a 1-off basis, I cannot order them from a supplier on that basis. This means that I need to make a significant upfront investment in order to get them printed - even then, I would only just about recover these costs if I managed to sell all of them.

With this in mind, I need to find people who may be interested in any form of tMP sponsorship relating to the 2005 tMP Promotional Calendar. This could be in many forms such as;

• - Formal band photograph appearing on a specific month
      - Business or Band details, contact information etc appearing as text on page
      - Collages of pictures on specific month
      - MD's / Conductors
      - tMP Individuals sponsorship
      - Ideas for sponsoring 'fun' images
      - etc etc
    There are a range of sponsorshp options to suit all budgets - from small bands to bigger organisations - and it is still early enough in the process for me right now to be able to consider all printing options.

I'm also very much open to suggestions as to content in the calendar (appropriate ones only though please... :):) ) so, if you have any ideas, or... better still... if you might be interested in sponsoring us and having a prescence in the tMP Promotional Calendar for 2005 please reply here or alternatively feel free to contact me at

2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Could always highlight the dates of the major contests.
    Might even ask them if would be willing to *donate* for the cause as well.
  3. TheMusicMan

great Ideas for tMP Promotional Calendar Award #1 goes to maestro... :)

Nice one. i'll get onto it. :wink:
  4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

One month could be tMP Belles Band (See CG post in Girls Against Boys).

As a personal thing, I'd rather see individuals/groups rather than bands, but I understand the need for sponsorship.

Sorry, just noticed the above is totally ungrammatical. I'm tired.
  5. leisa

leisa Active Member

i dont really understand....but i would sponser a pic of the pink hat :D
  6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

it's not a pink hat, it's a pink head-eating-monster....
  7. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

So the mods arent doing a nude calendar like in 'calendar girls' then? :wink:
  8. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

do you really wanna see the Mods nekkid????? I mean, they're a greta bunch of people....but.....**shudders** :shock:
  9. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Oh come on, the mods bods aren't that bad really!

:lol: :lol:
  10. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

lol :lol: :lol:

You wish Roger!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

11. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

Come off it Roger, we all know that's not your real body. Worryingly, that torso actually belongs to sparkling_quavers..... :shock:

Sorry sparkly!!!
  12. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  13. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Good-luck with this venture. Having just completed the exercise (although to a far more amateur level) it is a HUGE task. I'm sure that people will appear willing to commence with but when it comes down to the crunch of actually going ahead and making their purchase it may be a different matter. On that basis my suggestion would be that people place orders and pay in advance - that way you will not be out of pocket with the suppliers and you could order in accordance with realistic demand opposed to projected!

BTW - If anyone fancies having the Wem jubilee band calendar (unofficial version) e-mailed to them then please feel free to drop me an e-mail at
  14. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Well, Roger, if we can get a calendar of even hillariously doctored photos like that, then I'll buy 3!!!!
  15. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I'll try and think of some ideas. Haven't been on site or a comp for bout 2 weeks.lots to catch up on.
  16. TheMusicMan

What a coincidence Jo - I only said to Jen last night that I hadn't seen you on here for a while...

Welceme back after your short relapse!!! :):):)

PS: Jo is one of tMP's biggest supporters/sponsors... thanks Jo... :tup
  17. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Great to be back-means I'm not doing any work. Which incidently is why I haven't been on for a while. Had to do loads of college work, job promotion, and boyfriend coming back for a few days off his cruise ship. Totally mad. But he's gone back and I what was I thinking, college work!?!I've sorted that one out. So I need filling in on anything important that I might have overlooked.